The Student Room Group

I just need someone to talk to...

This is probably super lame, but idc, I just really need someone to talk to right now. I don't feel like I have anyone to turn to atm. I've been feeling extremely awful for quite some time now and I need help. This may seem like a desperate cry for attention, but seriously it's what I need right now...
Original post by Novascope
This is probably super lame, but idc, I just really need someone to talk to right now. I don't feel like I have anyone to turn to atm. I've been feeling extremely awful for quite some time now and I need help. This may seem like a desperate cry for attention, but seriously it's what I need right now...

What's up? :redface:
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
What's up? :redface:

Nothing ever seems to be going right in my life no matter what I do to try and solve it :frown:
Nothing ever seems to be going right in my life no matter what I do to try and solve it :frown:

What's going on, and what have you been trying to do?
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
What's going on, and what have you been trying to do?

Trying to reconnect with people (when I know I shouldn't) who seem to not care for some reason. Ton of uni work I'm trying to catch up on, and I haven't been in good health lately...
Trying to reconnect with people (when I know I shouldn't) who seem to not care for some reason. Ton of uni work I'm trying to catch up on, and I haven't been in good health lately...

Friends that aren't giving you anything can wait until after exams, if you even want to do that - maybe they aren't worth it.
I know what it's like to have so much uni work to be doing :console: it's important to be sleeping regularly and trying to work during the day, with breaks from time to time.

Have you spoken to a GP about how you're feeling? :console:
Reply 7
Original post by SeanFM
Friends that aren't giving you anything can wait until after exams, if you even want to do that - maybe they aren't worth it.
I know what it's like to have so much uni work to be doing :console: it's important to be sleeping regularly and trying to work during the day, with breaks from time to time.

Have you spoken to a GP about how you're feeling? :console:

The thing is I kinda know that, but I value friendships so much- probably too much that I try my hardest with people who probably don't deserve it :/

I've been seeing my GP for my illness but I haven't mentioned how I've been feeling just yet.
The thing is I kinda know that, but I value friendships so much- probably too much that I try my hardest with people who probably don't deserve it :/

I've been seeing my GP for my illness but I haven't mentioned how I've been feeling just yet.

Okay, you know that it's causing you stress and it's probably not worth it - maybe you have to focus your energy on your existing friends/family?

You could mention it to them or maybe a support network at your uni? They're not always great/useful for people but it's a start.
Reply 9
Original post by SeanFM
Okay, you know that it's causing you stress and it's probably not worth it - maybe you have to focus your energy on your existing friends/family?

You could mention it to them or maybe a support network at your uni? They're not always great/useful for people but it's a start.

As sad as it sounds I don't have many friends anymore. I would tell my family but because I'm so far away from them for uni I know they'll stress themselves out and worry because I'm not feeling good. I've been to my student support during first year and they were okay... Didn't really get much help out of them lol.
As sad as it sounds I don't have many friends anymore. I would tell my family but because I'm so far away from them for uni I know they'll stress themselves out and worry because I'm not feeling good. I've been to my student support during first year and they were okay... Didn't really get much help out of them lol.

I don't think it's sad. Sometimes things happen and fall apart. You can make some friends some other time.

Perhaps you can speak to the Samaritans or Nightline? With Nightline it's anonymous/confidential so you can say what you need to say, maybe talk about yourself in more detail and see what happens?
Reply 11
Original post by SeanFM
I don't think it's sad. Sometimes things happen and fall apart. You can make some friends some other time.

Perhaps you can speak to the Samaritans or Nightline? With Nightline it's anonymous/confidential so you can say what you need to say, maybe talk about yourself in more detail and see what happens?

Yeah that's true...

Oh what's Nightline? I've never heard of that before. Might give it a try. Do you have a link or is it a phone service?
Yeah that's true...

Oh what's Nightline? I've never heard of that before. Might give it a try. Do you have a link or is it a phone service?

http://nightline.ac.uk

Not all unis have it. :s-smilie:

As empty as it may sound, I hope you feel better soon in general and in time for exams. It sounds like you have a lot to deal with and it can feel so awful. In everything you're dealing with, try to be sensible and make the right choices, and don't deal with things alone if you can avoid it. Department, GP, personal tutor etc are all there.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by SeanFM
http://nightline.ac.uk

Not all unis have it. :s-smilie:

As empty as it may sound, I hope you feel better soon in general and in time for exams. It sounds like you have a lot to deal with and it can feel so awful. In everything you're dealing with, try to be sensible and make the right choices, and don't deal with things alone if you can avoid it. Department, GP, personal tutor etc are all there.

Haha I just checked it out and they've referred my uni through Exeter... I think that's because we share a campus. But cheers for that.

Doesn't sound empty at all, I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me, and thank you for the advice :smile:
Haha I just checked it out and they've referred my uni through Exeter... I think that's because we share a campus. But cheers for that.

Doesn't sound empty at all, I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me, and thank you for the advice :smile:

Argh, that sucks. I guess The Samaritans are still there for you.

:hugs:
Reply 15
Original post by SeanFM
Argh, that sucks. I guess The Samaritans are still there for you.

:hugs:

PRSOM :h: you're a good person Sean :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest