The Student Room Group

Can I pull my act together?

Can I pull my act together in 2 weeks? I have IGCSE Edexcel Physics, Chemistry and Maths. I need an A*, is it possible to get an A* in 2 weeks? I don't know anything yet though.
Reply 1
Original post by aRandomGuy:D
Can I pull my act together in 2 weeks? I have IGCSE Edexcel Physics, Chemistry and Maths. I need an A*, is it possible to get an A* in 2 weeks? I don't know anything yet though.

How can u not know nothing about you course, with 2 weeks to go. Physics and Chem are slightly easy. However maths requires constant practise. Try to remember whole physics and Chem course and you might scratch an A*. Although you would have to pull all nighters and do nothing else.
Original post by Fordrin
How can u not know nothing about you course, with 2 weeks to go. Physics and Chem are slightly easy. However maths requires constant practise. Try to remember whole physics and Chem course and you might scratch an A*. Although you would have to pull all nighters and do nothing else.

Original post by Fordrin

How much percentage is an A* exactly in those subjects (the average percentage)?
Reply 3
How much percentage is an A* exactly in those subjects (the average percentage)?

Usually it can be around 75-80%. Sometimes higher or lower, if the mark scheme/questions end up being unreasonable

Yes, it is possible to get your act together but this is really a question only you can answer.

You probably know more than you think. Get some IGCSE past papers and mark schemes - see how you get on. This will give you an idea of the task ahead and where the gaps in knowledge are.

Who knows whether it's possible to get an A* in two weeks - you can only get totally focused and do your best.

Good luck - let me know how it goes.
Original post by Fordrin
Usually it can be around 75-80%. Sometimes higher or lower, if the mark scheme/questions end up being unreasonable

Well, aren't I fooked? :s-smilie:
Original post by The Learn Ranger
Yes, it is possible to get your act together but this is really a question only you can answer.

You probably know more than you think. Get some IGCSE past papers and mark schemes - see how you get on. This will give you an idea of the task ahead and where the gaps in knowledge are.

Who knows whether it's possible to get an A* in two weeks - you can only get totally focused and do your best.

Will do. I wanna try to get an A ATLEAST. So... Ill try my best.
Reply 7
Well, aren't I fooked? :s-smilie:

Science usually give out easy marks anyway. Sort out 6 markers and RTFQ (Read The Flipping Question) and you'll be fine. Although, you may end on borderline A or A*
Original post by The Learn Ranger

An A usually starts at 60% or so (give or take)?
Anything is possible. Work as hard as you can from now on :smile:
this cannot be answered definitely, you know how well you do in class etc. for example in mocks do you get A*s with little revision? if so, then yes you most probably could, but if you don't revise much and get C's/B's then it is unlikely. 2 weeks is not a very long time. when you say you don't know anything, I'm sure you have retained some information from the courses as they have gone along. have you made your revision notes yet? because if so, then you basically just need to consistently learn them for the next two weeks. i did GCSE's rather than iGCSEs but remember that past papers were key to my success in the sciences and maths! also, the best thing to do is not ask on here whether you'll be able to do it, but rather begin focussing on making it happen! if you want it enough and go in with a positive mindset you have every chance of success! hope this helps :smile:
Well I learnt the entire RS course the morning before the exam so ofc you can. GCSE physics requires very little actual physics so you should be fine as long as you understand the basic principles and maths is fairly straightforward too as the papers have almost the exact same questions year on year. Chem I can't speak for since I remember literally none of the course I reckon an A* should be possible since the A* percentage is remarkably low for Sciences so long as you complete as many past papers as you can before the exam. Hands down past papers are the best way to revise, it seems shitty at first but after 5-6 papers you begin to notice that there are only certain questions they can ask.
Original post by ellawhite4686
this cannot be answered definitely, you know how well you do in class etc. for example in mocks do you get A*s with little revision? if so, then yes you most probably could, but if you don't revise much and get C's/B's then it is unlikely. 2 weeks is not a very long time. when you say you don't know anything, I'm sure you have retained some information from the courses as they have gone along. have you made your revision notes yet? because if so, then you basically just need to consistently learn them for the next two weeks. i did GCSE's rather than iGCSEs but remember that past papers were key to my success in the sciences and maths! also, the best thing to do is not ask on here whether you'll be able to do it, but rather begin focussing on making it happen! if you want it enough and go in with a positive mindset you have every chance of success! hope this helps :smile:

'
Alright, I'll let you know how it goes.The First exam is in 19 days, which is Chemistry. I've been getting D's in mocks, but well see how these exams go soon enough. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest