The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emmawebb
Hiya, No I haven't heard anything yet either from AR. hoping they will let us know this week so I can decide where I am going. I am besides myself checking my email constantly :frown:

My daughter called them today and they said they are working their way through them - starting with Adult nursing and haven't got round to Child yet! Should know by end of week or Mon/Tue latest!! The deadline's on Thursday, so I would hope so 😳 Fingers crossed!
Original post by Alfeeee
My daughter called them today and they said they are working their way through them - starting with Adult nursing and haven't got round to Child yet! Should know by end of week or Mon/Tue latest!! The deadline's on Thursday, so I would hope so 😳 Fingers crossed!

Oh god really! Well hopefully we hear soon then. I understand they're so busy. I will be glad to see next Thurs come so I can start sorting out where I'm going to live for the next 3 years. I hate the not knowing, feel like my life is hanging in the balance at the min. Let me kbow as soon as you hear and I will keep you updated aswell. I hope its good news for your daughter x
Anyone firmed Southampton? Bournemouth is my insurance 😀
Just heard back from Salford, got a conditional offer to start in April '17..... anyone else starting in April?
Has anyone had an interview they genuinely thought went bad but still got an offer after? (Just trying to give myself some hope 😂)
Original post by lou987
Anyone firmed Southampton? Bournemouth is my insurance 😀

Southampton is my firm for Children's nursing! Hopefully see you there in September :smile:
I firmed Southampton too, but Feb start as the pgdip - super excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by Skent21
Just heard back from Salford, got a conditional offer to start in April '17..... anyone else starting in April?

I have a conditional offer for April but I have put it down as my insurance. If my firm goes terribly wrong then I may be there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know what to do. I got an email from Angila Ruskin to say they were very impressed with my performance but they have no spaces left for Sept 2016 and was I happy to be placed on a waiting list. I said yes but I see they are still open for extra and are still interviewing for Sept. I'm confused, I don't know weather to just accept my current offers which I am happy about but Angila Ruskin was my first choice for a few personal reasons. So I don't want to give up hope yet :frown: I'm a little annoyed because I would see through it if they had of gave me a straight no, but why say they were impressed if they're still interviewing :frown: aw god.

Personally I'd email them and ask, in a polite way, why they are still accepting applications if they are full.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethey180
Still waiting to hear from York......4 months later lol nearly 5 months now

Have you heard from York yet? I've been offered a place on the learning disability nursing course
Original post by Deede3_
Has anyone had an interview they genuinely thought went bad but still got an offer after? (Just trying to give myself some hope 😂)

Yep, me! My auntie died on the day of my interview and I found out two hours before, my head was everywhere. I was certain I failed the English exam, and I had to be prompted a bit in the interview, and even got an answer mixed up and the women had to stop me and tell me the question again. After all that I got rave reviews and offered a place!
Original post by Memamem
Yep, me! My auntie died on the day of my interview and I found out two hours before, my head was everywhere. I was certain I failed the English exam, and I had to be prompted a bit in the interview, and even got an answer mixed up and the women had to stop me and tell me the question again. After all that I got rave reviews and offered a place!

Aw god, i'm really sorry about your auntie but congratulations on your offer! I'll keep my fingers crossed for sure now i'm just doubting myself x
Oh god really! Well hopefully we hear soon then. I understand they're so busy. I will be glad to see next Thurs come so I can start sorting out where I'm going to live for the next 3 years. I hate the not knowing, feel like my life is hanging in the balance at the min. Let me kbow as soon as you hear and I will keep you updated aswell. I hope its good news for your daughter x

Well, she's heard at last! Unfortunately didn't get offered a place. Bit disappointed but it was only going to be an insurance anyway. Hope you hear soon and it's good news. Let me know.
I have firmed my place at DMU. Anyone else firmed DMU for sept children's nursing? :smile:
Original post by Deede3_
Aw god, i'm really sorry about your auntie but congratulations on your offer! I'll keep my fingers crossed for sure now i'm just doubting myself x

Thank you, it was expected (the death) but I didn't imagine it would happen on the morning of my interview! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you..and stop doubting yourself!
"@Deede3_

Has anyone had an interview they genuinely thought went bad but still got an offer after? (Just trying to give myself some hope 😂)"

Yeah, I thought my interview at Birmingham City was the worst I've ever done but I got an offer. I was so surprised and because my interview went so bad I kind of told myself I didn't like Birmingham City if that makes sense but I've put it as my insurance. What interview did you think went bad?
I have firmed my place at DMU. Anyone else firmed DMU for sept children's nursing? :smile:

I've firmed DMU as well! :smile:
I have Firmed Kings college london
Original post by alice_c_97
Southampton is my firm for Children's nursing! Hopefully see you there in September :smile:

Awesome! Well done :smile: although I'm having a gap year x
Original post by BuckleyJ
"@Deede3_

Has anyone had an interview they genuinely thought went bad but still got an offer after? (Just trying to give myself some hope 😂)"

Yeah, I thought my interview at Birmingham City was the worst I've ever done but I got an offer. I was so surprised and because my interview went so bad I kind of told myself I didn't like Birmingham City if that makes sense but I've put it as my insurance. What interview did you think went bad?

I had my interview in the university of manchester on wednesday and i answered all the question well i think but i dont know i just got a really bad vibe off one of the people interviewing me she just seemed really uninterested and wanted it all to be over as soon as it began i honestly dont know. i started to get really nervous and i had to ask what the question was again a few times, i really am gutted because i want manchester to be my first choice :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest