The Student Room Group

Ken Livingstone destroyed by Andrew Neil live on air

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheArtofProtest
It's a sorry state of affairs but people in this day and age are only concerned about themselves.

It's the same for any group. The politicians have us clamoring over each other because they present the treasury as having finite resources, and they sit back and watch each group in the community tear each other part in order to be the ones to receive the money.

As such, people are only concerned about themselves and only when they think they have "made it", do they start caring about other people or groups.

????????
Guys, I think TheArtofProtest is broken. Does anyone know how to fix him?
Original post by Unkempt_One
????????
Guys, I think TheArtofProtest is broken. Does anyone know how to fix him?

:yy:
Ken has been suspended from the Labor Parti following his recent comments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36160135
"A real anti-Semite doesn't just hate the Jews in Israel, they hate their neighbour in Golders Green"

Jesus Christ.....
Hitler was supportive, albeit it may have been unwittingly, of Zionism, and it's aim of establishing a state for Jews/Israeli's.

In a way, it is good that this has caused a furore because it allows such actions to be viewed in a different light and can possibly lead to people changing their minds about certain historical events, and it's unintended consequences.

It changes very little. Hitler's overwhelming attitude towards the Jews was one of genocidal intention, the Haavara agreement was simply a cleaner way of being rid of them. It doesn't mean in the slightest that Hitler could be considered an ally of Zionism. It reeks of historical revisionism and quackery.
Original post by Bornblue
Genuine question. What has Livingstone said? It's all blowing up on Twitter but I'm not sure what's actually been said? I know he's been suspended.

"A real anti-Semite doesn't just hate the Jews in Israel, they hate their neighbour in Golders Green" was a particular favourite of mine.
Original post by KimKallstrom
"A real anti-Semite doesn't just hate the Jews in Israel, they hate their neighbour in Golders Green"

Jesus Christ.....

rofl. I didn't spot that one.
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
Incredible scenes. This YouTube video only covers part of it, the thrashing continues as they Nick Clegg and Jo Coburn then tag team him, then they invite John Mann (who confronted Livingstone in the corridors of the BBC) to wipe the floor with him.

If you want to see the whole thing, go to iPlayer and watch BBC2 live (you can rewind to watch Daily Politics)

Im no fan of livingstone, but i would hardly say he was destroyed. He raised a good point, some isolated comments in a party does not constitute 'a problem'.

Some of the comments raised wre antsemitic, others were not. Its important to not conflate criticism of israel with criticism of all jews.

Pointing out that everything hitler did was legal is certainly not antisemitic, but depending on the contect is more likely to be a point about how something isnt right just because it is legal.

As for the man he shared a platform with, one cannot be investigating the past and all comments of anyone they even speak to. Knowing who you are sharing a platform with are, is however important. This is a little complex.
"A real anti-Semite doesn't just hate the Jews in Israel, they hate their neighbour in Golders Green" was a particular favourite of mine.

Disgusting comments by Ken.
Glad to see him suspended. He's about thirty years past his sell-by date now and should drift off into the wilderness.

Yes there is a distinction between anti-semitism and disliking the Israeli govt, he's correct on that but when he makes comments about Hitler being a zionist and whatnot, it more than oversteps the mark. Especially when he defends what Naz Shah said.

Saying Israeli Jews should be transported to US is anti-semitic.
Glad to see Sadiq Khan come out and condemn him too.
(edited 7 years ago)
It changes very little. Hitler's overwhelming attitude towards the Jews was one of genocidal intention, the Haavara agreement was simply a cleaner way of being rid of them. It doesn't mean in the slightest that Hitler could be considered an ally of Zionism. It reeks of historical revisionism and quackery.

Hitler wanted the Jews out of Germany.

Whether they left from the front door (relocated), or the back door (in a body bag) was largely irrelevant to him.

He didn't come to power and immediately set up camps to gas the Jews. It's worth noting that there were 6 years between the Havaara Agreement, and when he then decided to go on rampage.

The Jews in Germany didn't want to immigrate, because the conditions were stable for them, and even when they wanted to immigrate, they would have preferred to go to Britain or America but they effectively closed their doors to them.

No-one really wanted large-scale Jewish immigration and that is a very sad fact.
Hitler wanted the Jews out of Germany.

Whether they left from the front door (relocated), or the back door (in a body bag) was largely irrelevant to him.

He didn't come to power and immediately set up camps to gas the Jews. It's worth noting that there were 6 years between the Havaara Agreement, and when he then decided to go on rampage.

The Jews in Germany didn't want to immigrate, because the conditions were stable for them, and even when they wanted to immigrate, they would have preferred to go to Britain or America but they effectively closed their doors to them.

No-one really wanted large-scale Jewish immigration and that is a very sad fact.

So your implication is that Hitler didn't really want to murder the Jews, they just left him with no choice? If that's not what you're trying to say I strongly suggest you clarify your position.
So your implication is that Hitler didn't really want to murder the Jews, they just left him with no choice? If that's not what you're trying to say I strongly suggest you clarify your position.

The forcible removal of any group is a horrendous act.

But history records that attempts to get Jews to safety were ignored constantly, leading Hitler to believe that he could only get rid of the Jews by sticking them in concentration camps.

But history records that attempts to get Jews to safety were ignored constantly, leading Hitler to believe that he could only get rid of the Jews by sticking them in concentration camps.

Yes, I'm sure attitudes of our own countries at the time contributed at least partially to the problem. What does this have to do with Hitler supporting Zionism? Or have we just phased out of the original point now?
Yes, I'm sure attitudes of our own countries at the time contributed at least partially to the problem. What does this have to do with Hitler supporting Zionism? Or have we just phased out of the original point now?

Hitler supported the Zionist principle of using someplace other than Germany to be a homeland for the Jews.

There were multiple opportunities to save the Jewish people (a position not afforded to the other 5 million degenerates that Hitler murdered), but they weren't acted upon.
Reply 34

Not sure many Israelis would agree with that.:frown:

Poll finds half of Jewish Israelis support expelling Arabs
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
This why I hate the left and everything they are. That video really has annoyed me. Everytime I know a lefty has been murdered I will celebrate because I am yet to meet a lefty who isn't anti-Semitic, up the *** of Islam, pro terror, pro extremism and pro everything that is anti west, anti white, anti Jewish, you name it. They are pure evil
Andrew Neil - *Tries to give examples from members which are not known which he thinks are anti-Semitism*

Ken Livingstone - *Sets the record straight*

Andrew Neil - *Quickly moves on*

I don't think the British left wing electorate actually cares about anti-Semitism.

Fixed that for you.😊
Hitler supported the Zionist principle of using someplace other than Germany to be a homeland for the Jews.

There were multiple opportunities to save the Jewish people (a position not afforded to the other 5 million degenerates that Hitler murdered), but they weren't acted upon.

lmao what

Jesus Christ.....

what's wrong with that statement
Andrew Neil - *Tries to give examples from members which are not known which he thinks are anti-Semitism*

Ken Livingstone - *Sets the record straight*

Andrew Neil - *Quickly moves on*

I don't think the British electorate actually cares about anti-Semitism.

The Nazis have issued a statement, distancing themselves from Ken Livingstone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending