The Student Room Group

Universitry of Leeds Medicine 2017 Entry A100

Hi, just looking I can't find a thread for medicine at Leeds for 2017 entry - I know its still early days but is anyone else thinking about applying here this autumn?
How is everyone preparing for the BMAT?
Best of luck to everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RedNebula
Hi, just looking I can't find a thread for medicine at Leeds for 2017 entry - I know its still early days but is anyone else thinking about applying here this autumn?
How is everyone preparing for the BMAT?
Best of luck to everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

-waves- hi, I'll probably be applying if I don't get in this year! Did you do the BMAT last year?
Reply 2
Original post by AnnekaChan173
-waves- hi, I'll probably be applying if I don't get in this year! Did you do the BMAT last year?

No, I just did the ukcat but I'll definitely try the bmat this year! Best of luck with your application! :smile:
Where did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I just did the ukcat but I'll definitely try the bmat this year! Best of luck with your application! :smile:
Where did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was about to say, way too early to worry about the BMAT! Focus on your exams first. I applied to UEA, Liverpool, Exeter and BSMS, waiting on the last. You?
Reply 4
I was about to say, way too early to worry about the BMAT! Focus on your exams first. I applied to UEA, Liverpool, Exeter and BSMS, waiting on the last. You?

Still waiting? Wow that's taking a while then, good luck for it though :smile: I applied to Sheffield, Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff but got rejections this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still waiting? Wow that's taking a while then, good luck for it though :smile: I applied to Sheffield, Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff but got rejections this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't mind, I'm just happy that the deadline is around the corner. So I know where I am and what to do next. And sorry about the rejections. But taking a gap year is great - I feel like I've matured so much and become so much more independent, which will help when you do interviews!
I don't mind, I'm just happy that the deadline is around the corner. So I know where I am and what to do next. And sorry about the rejections. But taking a gap year is great - I feel like I've matured so much and become so much more independent, which will help when you do interviews!

Hope you get offers! What were your A2 grades? I received offers from Glasgow and Newcastle so just comparing stats y'know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
Hope you get offers! What were your A2 grades? I received offers from Glasgow and Newcastle so just comparing stats y'know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: I'm a resitter with extenuation so AAB, but I'm predicted A*A*A. Problem now is actually achieving that hahaha!
Reply 8

Yeah not long now! :smile: Thanks, that's okay, I'm hoping a gap year will be really good and useful anyway, what did you do in yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah not long now! :smile: Thanks, that's okay, I'm hoping a gap year will be really good and useful anyway, what did you do in yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I worked as a HCA, but had to finish early because of retakes. Did a bit of work here and there, babysitting, tutoring, and working at a Activity Camp too, which has been good fun! I was lucky, I met other medics on gap years so it's never really felt too lonely.
Reply 10
I worked as a HCA, but had to finish early because of retakes. Did a bit of work here and there, babysitting, tutoring, and working at a Activity Camp too, which has been good fun! I was lucky, I met other medics on gap years so it's never really felt too lonely.

That must have been a good experience for medicine :smile: Yeah that sounds great! That's good :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That must have been a good experience for medicine :smile: Yeah that sounds great! That's good :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Let's just hope that it works out this time. Where are you thinking of applying?
Reply 12
Thanks! Let's just hope that it works out this time. Where are you thinking of applying?

Leeds at the moment and possibly reapply to Manchester and sheffield, other than that I'm not sure yet :biggrin: what about you?
Leeds at the moment and possibly reapply to Manchester and sheffield, other than that I'm not sure yet :biggrin: what about you?

Leeds, Manchester, Brighton and Plymouth, could easily change though! let's see how my UKCAT looks haha
Reply 14
Leeds, Manchester, Brighton and Plymouth, could easily change though! let's see how my UKCAT looks haha

Ooh nice, aha yeah best of luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :smile: i'm taking a gap year this year. Could i ask what hobbies did you put down and which interviews did you get? If you don't mind me asking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending