The Student Room Group

IGCSE english exam!!!

HEY! what format do you guys think the english language exams going to be like? Report, newspaper article, diary???

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
How could we guess...?
I really hope the reading passage isn't about another fantasy animal:colone:
Original post by Nozzle16
HEY! what format do you guys think the english language exams going to be like? Report, newspaper article, diary???

Thanks

Hey :smile:

I've moved this to the English forum :h:
Reply 3
Original post by k.m.b
How could we guess...?
I really hope the reading passage isn't about another fantasy animal:colone:

well you may have an idea as the one last year wouldent be repeated this year ...just wondering as people have been saying a report may come up as it hasent in a few years ..hahaha ikr "Unicorns and Yetis":biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by She-Ra
Hey :smile:

I've moved this to the English forum :h:

Hey thanks :smile:
Reply 5
well you may have an idea as the one last year wouldent be repeated this year ...just wondering as people have been saying a report may come up as it hasent in a few years ..hahaha ikr "Unicorns and Yetis":biggrin:

Ah right, a report might come up if that's the case! I want it to be an interview format..
Haha i did that paper! And another one on 'narwals'? Apparently they try to make the papers interesting...
Reply 6
Original post by k.m.b
Ah right, a report might come up if that's the case! I want it to be an interview format..
Haha i did that paper! And another one on 'narwals'? Apparently they try to make the papers interesting...

Im really not good at reports :frown:( i hope not...cant believe its tomorrow!!!! OMG:s-smilie:

Thanks

I just really hope it's not a newspaper but I know that the passage will be difficult
Reply 8
Original post by zXcodeXz
I just really hope it's not a newspaper but I know that the passage will be difficult

i hope its not really implicit i cant read in between the lines :frown:
i hope its not really implicit i cant read in between the lines :frown:

Same here I'm just going to try my best! Good luck!
how do you structure a report? third/ first person? formal?
Original post by suryyyyynn
how do you structure a report? third/ first person? formal?

The question will say who u are writing as and from there the structure kind of goes logically first/third or formal
Im really not good at reports :frown:( i hope not...cant believe its tomorrow!!!! OMG:s-smilie:

don't worry! :smile: they're not too bad ,just remember to keep to your tone (you can only score out of 5 for your writing on the first question anyway)
i know its today..one of the first official exams of the season
good luck!
Reply 13
Original post by k.m.b
don't worry! :smile: they're not too bad ,just remember to keep to your tone (you can only score out of 5 for your writing on the first question anyway)
i know its today..one of the first official exams of the season
good luck!

thanks for that!! I hope you did well! :smile: its all done now..how did you do? What did you put for bullet point 3 briefly?
thanks for that!! I hope you did well! :smile: its all done now..how did you do? What did you put for bullet point 3 briefly?

hey!no worries :smile: thanks, you too!
Well Q2 was not the best, everyone is speaking about how there was not enough imagery but I managed to get four quotes for each. I think Q1 went okay too as I didnt have to make much inference

(in bold) do you mean for Q1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending