The Student Room Group

Pros and cons of dating someone 13 years older than you?

If I'm 22 and she's 35,

What are the pros and cons for someone my age?
Mainly looking for disadvantages to help me not go there,

But pros and cons. what are they?

Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by bennyboyben
Hi.

If I'm 22 and she's 35,

What are the pros and cons for someone my age?
Mainly looking for disadvantages to help me not go there,

But pros and cons. what are they?

Thanks.

Cradle Snatcher.
Pros

You have a cougar

Cons

You'll have to feed her all the time

Spoiler

I think the only disadvantage of a massive age difference like that is that you are both at completely different stages in life which may be difficult to accommodate to for each other as your priorities will be different. And of course there is maturity. But other than that as long as you love each other, you can make it work.
Reply 4
. She'll make me feel older before my time
. I'm not ready for a family yet
It depends how mature you both are as age is not always an indicator of maturity, she could be a young 35 who has kept her youth or an old 35 who isnt very active.

If you like each other age doesnt have to be a barrier.

Wait you just answered your own question?...

She might not be ready either, she might not want a family. You should be talking with her about it.

lmao if you're desperate to talk yourself out of it and not do it then don't bloody do it, stop wasting other people's time.
Pros
She's 'experienced'
She has her own place.

Cons
She's in a different stage of life (with a career, children maybe)
You may be just a fling before she decides what she wants (to settle, children, meet someone older)
The conversation dies quickly.
You make her feel old by talking about things from her childhood as being 'retro'
Her skin will feel thinner and older.
Gravity would have sagged things.
Original post by Findlay6
Pros
She's 'experienced'
She has her own place.

Cons
She's in a different stage of life (with a career, children maybe)
You may be just a fling before she decides what she wants (to settle, children, meet someone older)
The conversation dies quickly.
You make her feel old by talking about things from her childhood as being 'retro'
Her skin will feel thinner and older.
Gravity would have sagged things.

The skin and sagginess is a good point people think its shallow but attraction just needs to be there. I went out with a 33 year old bloke for a while, his skin was a lot worse than a young guy and his balls sagged due to age. I didnt tell him this lol i gave another reason to break up.
Original post by Anonymous
The skin and sagginess is a good point people think its shallow but attraction just needs to be there. I went out with a 33 year old bloke for a while, his skin was a lot worse than a young guy and his balls sagged due to age. I didnt tell him this lol i gave another reason to break up.

Haha yes. I dated an older guy (39) and his skin was very thin and his 'performance' was questionable - he blamed it on age himself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending