The Student Room Group

Questions to ANYONE who has cheated..

This is a bit personal and a bit of a long shot if im honest, but its worth the try.

When you cheated on your partner, was anything different between you both? Did you manage to keep the same attitude and stay the same even though you were seeing someone else?

Did you be honest and tell them about the other guy/girl? Or did you let them find out or just break up with them without being honest?

Scroll to see replies

Oh dear OP. Don't cheat.
I cheated on/off on my partner for 4 years.

Nothing was different at first (I was cheating with someone who lived 2h away so it didn't affect our 'immediate' lives). Whenever it got too much, I would stop cheating (the other guy understood). The sex eventually stopped and we became more friends than 'lovers'.

Eventually, I realised I wasn't happy in my relationship and decided to leave both my bf and the person I was cheating with.
Did my bf ever find out? No.
Did we live together? No - living together would have been harder to cheat/hide.
Do I still talk to the other guy? No. We occasionally talk online but it's strange and pointless.
Would I do it again? No. It was fun whilst it lasted but I was nearly caught several times and I put myself through a lot of upset. I hurt the other guy a lot too as he fell in love with me over the course of the 4y.
my left hand will never cheat unless it gets cut off
Original post by LiquidGold
Oh dear OP. Don't cheat.

Pretty sure its too late.
Reply 5
Original post by LiquidGold
Oh dear OP. Don't cheat.

Im not planning on, its my partner im concerned about.
Original post by Anonymous
Im not planning on, its my partner im concerned about.

Are they hiding their phone? Or is it suddenly locked? or all messages deleted? They don't answer messages when you're near incase you see?

Suddenly seeing a 'friend' more regularly? Or choosing to spend time alone than with you? Making plans at the weekend with said 'friend'?

Appearance and fitness improving?
Question for cheaters,

If you want to cheat with someone else, why not just end your current relationship, so you can be single and sleep with whoever you want?

PS: I haven't cheated or anything, nor am I thinking of it
I've never cheated before but I was cheated on for a long time and I had no idea really. Some things I found suspicious but not enough to pursue it, kind of like a fleeting idea but I didn't take it seriously. Some people have the ability to cheat on their partner and go home to them and act like nothing happened, I have no idea how people do it
Wow! So the fact that you and the other were hurt/upset is the only reason you wouldn't cheat again??? Because other than that, betraying someone who put their trust in you was fun while it lasted?

You're a ****. I don't believe in Karma but I really hope you get a taste of your own medicine.

The relationship I was in was abusive. It was difficult to get out.
Karma happened in my next relationship (he told me he was single but actually had a partner and daughter at home).

No, that was one factor. I wouldn't cheat again because I have no need to. I'm much more mature and confident enough to end a relationship without being scared. This situation was at least 10y ago.
Idk why you're all shunning me, I'm only answering a question.
Original post by Afro Tail
Question for cheaters,

If you want to cheat with someone else, why not just end your current relationship, so you can be single and sleep with whoever you want?

I have wondered this for a very long time but I think it comes down to a) they're greedy, b) because they 'can', c) both a and b combined
Original post by Afro Tail
Question for cheaters,

I wanted the escape but didn't want to leave because a) he was very manipulative and I didn't know how and b) I considered him to be my best friend and we loved each other.

It's probably difficult to believe that I could love someone whilst cheating at the same time. There was a clear difference between 'making love' and 'just sex'
If you cheat, you have no brain cells. 0. Nout. Nada. How hard is it to break up with somebody. You're a coward if you cheat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by infairverona
I have wondered this for a very long time but I think it comes down to a) they're greedy, b) because they 'can', c) both a and b combined

As you haven't done it, you're assuming.
Usually it's down to wanting 'escapism'. there's a big difference between 'making love' with your partner and 'having sex' with a stranger/cheating. It's a whole different experience. Exhilarating, risky, borderline exhibitionist.
Usually it's down to wanting 'escapism'. there's a big difference between 'making love' with your partner and 'having sex' with a stranger/cheating. It's a whole different experience. Exhilarating, risky, borderline exhibitionist.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh

I did say 'I think' so it's pretty clear that was my opinion. And what you've described would fall under 'greedy' for me. You have someone you could change up your sex life with and do different things, it's no excuse at all to say you wanted a 'different experience' don't have a relationship then...
Are they hiding their phone? Or is it suddenly locked? or all messages deleted? They don't answer messages when you're near incase you see?

Suddenly seeing a 'friend' more regularly? Or choosing to spend time alone than with you? Making plans at the weekend with said 'friend'?

Appearance and fitness improving?

She has been clubbing a lot more, 'girls night out' type sh*t. Shopping to buy nice clothes for when she goes clubbing. Backed out of the last time we had sex which raised alarm bells for me.
Original post by infairverona
I did say 'I think' so it's pretty clear that was my opinion. And what you've described would fall under 'greedy' for me. You have someone you could change up your sex life with and do different things, it's no excuse at all to say you wanted a 'different experience' don't have a relationship then...

You can't have that kindof sex with a partner unless you're into cuckolding - which I've tried and it wasn't the same.
The relationship I was in was abusive. It was difficult to get out.
Karma happened in my next relationship (he told me he was single but actually had a partner and daughter at home).

No, that was one factor. I wouldn't cheat again because I have no need to. I'm much more mature and confident enough to end a relationship without being scared. This situation was at least 10y ago.
Idk why you're all shunning me, I'm only answering a question.

Would you tell your next partner that you're a cheater? If they asked or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
She has been clubbing a lot more, 'girls night out' type sh*t. Shopping to buy nice clothes for when she goes clubbing. Backed out of the last time we had sex which raised alarm bells for me.

What was the reason for the sex rejection?

I certainly lost interest in sex with him and towards the end felt nothing emotionally so would say that I was tired or feeling unclean etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending