The Student Room Group

Maths - Applying Knowledge and Skills to Maths

Hi,Currently I am studying the Higher Math course, and I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I have the skills and knowledge required for the course but am struggle to apply them to exam style questions. I often know which of these skills to use, but something always goes wrong in the carrying out of these processes leading me to the wrong answers. Are there any tips/strategies TSR can provide me with in order to combat this? Thank you
Original post by Scottie1058
Hi,Currently I am studying the Higher Math course, and I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I have the skills and knowledge required for the course but am struggle to apply them to exam style questions. I often know which of these skills to use, but something always goes wrong in the carrying out of these processes leading me to the wrong answers. Are there any tips/strategies TSR can provide me with in order to combat this? Thank you

Slow down and make sure all your calculations are correct. If you're using the correct method and know all the theory from the course then the problem is you're just being careless. Whenever I do calculations from line to line I always double check each line before proceeding, perhaps you should try that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending