The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vikingninja
There's 5 unis. One is in Bantertania.

How riveting and banterrific
Reply 101
Original post by Hannah1744
lmao honestly why waste my time saying university when i could just say uni instead? Plus someone saying 'uni' shouldn't make you take what they have to say any less seriously, and it definitely shouldn't make you stereotype them. How does someone else using slang affect you?

Basically I would call anything lower than 20 a "uni", anything above a "university". Some places deserve respect man.
Original post by Metrododo
Ah I thought it was the national uni of Banteritrea

There's 5 unis. One is in Bantertania.

Patron of them all is the Archbishop of Banterbury.
Original post by JamesN88
Patron of them all is the Archbishop of Banterbury.

The big uni is the Banterbury Institute of PC master race. Console course scrubs are trying to knock down his statue.
The big uni is the Banterbury Institute of PC master race. Console course scrubs are trying to knock down his statue.

Their most popular course is Apostrophe Studies. They plan to replace him a giant sculpted apostrophe.
Original post by Mojo Banjo
Basically I would call anything lower than 20 a "uni", anything above a "university". Some places deserve respect man.

I get that, but league tables are actually so subjective tho? e.g. I've applied to bristol which i think is lower than 20 overall but higher than 20 for my course. And fair enough thats your opinion, but it's pretentious as hell.
Reply 106
Original post by Hannah1744
I get that, but league tables are actually so subjective tho? e.g. I've applied to bristol which i think is lower than 20 overall but higher than 20 for my course. And fair enough thats your opinion, but it's pretentious as hell.

Fine then, all universities deserve the respect of the full form of the word. "Uni" just sounds tacky to me.
I think we should drop the whole modern English language and just go back to Old English.
Reply 108
Original post by the bear
[scrollr][/scrollr]

hey bear

you'll never guess who i am
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
It's Canterbury

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's Banterbury, a suburb of Banterlona located in Bantarctica.
[scrollr]YOONY[/scrollr]
Original post by Mojo Banjo
hey bear

you'll never guess who i am

Eth is that you dear ?

:flutter:
Reply 112
Original post by the bear
Eth is that you dear ?

:flutter:

Omg no

Don't insult me

I'm so offended by this lol

I can barely speak any more
Uni = university. Its like text talk. It means the exact same thing as university. Its slang for uni. Different word, same meaning.

I never heard anyone call college "uni" before until I got this site but it still means university.
Some people shorten words to save time. Its like uni is a different language. You can still tell what uni is, right? Some people say "bday" instead of birthday. Different words, same meaning.
uni_knights.jpg
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Get a grip you two.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that what I call milking the reps brah :laugh:
Reply 116
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Imagine getting rustled by a colloquialism

mirin vocabulary
We always have to hate the most stupidest things:
-Water
-Food
-The word 'uni' :u:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
that what I call milking the reps brah :laugh:

How would I have known that it would get so many reps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No; it's quicker when writing, texting and speaking and people want to get onto more important things in life, than saying the word "university".

Latest