The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lol
1-0 Villarreal.
1-0 Villarreal

Awful time to concede. That's cruel.
Yes, let's play the whole damn game with no striker :rolleyes:
Kicked In The Teeth innit. Oh wait it's not THAT Suarez
We didn't deserve that to be honest but that's just how things go.

Even so, we definitely have enough to beat this side - yes they're disciplined but they aren't as impressive as I thought they would be.
With Sturridge and a fit Coutinho, I'm not nervous at all.
Moreno can **** right off, missed a glorious chance and got caught far too up field for their counter. We were **** anyway, far too negative and playing with no striker didn't help us at all (infact it made it too easy for them to defend against us), Klopp should of brought on Sturridge earlier.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well that's royally f*cked me off
Fuming with that - not that we conceded a late goal as playing with a 35 year old CB was always going to be a risk that he gets outpaced higher up the pitch - because we made no effort to try and get anything from that game.

Our GK, CBs, FB and Lucas all had good games. Unfortunately that goal takes the gloss completely off what was a strong performance for 92 minutes.

Milner and Allen were okay but didn't get enough of the game.

All of our 4 attacking players were terrible today. No doubt they all worked hard but to what end? We still lost the damn game. No logic in not playing Sturridge at all and the worst thing is that he'll play him against Swansea at the weekend and then he won't start next Thursday.
Original post by Zerforax
Fuming with that - not that we conceded a late goal as playing with a 35 year old CB was always going to be a risk that he gets outpaced higher up the pitch - because we made no effort to try and get anything from that game.

Our GK, CBs, FB and Lucas all had good games. Unfortunately that goal takes the gloss completely off what was a strong performance for 92 minutes.

Milner and Allen were okay but didn't get enough of the game.

All of our 4 attacking players were terrible today. No doubt they all worked hard but to what end? We still lost the damn game. No logic in not playing Sturridge at all and the worst thing is that he'll play him against Swansea at the weekend and then he won't start next Thursday.

I literally agree with every single word here
Blame Klopp for that loss - took too long to sub on a striker. Overrated manager imo. We'll be trophyless with him.

Sturridge not coming on suggests to me that Klopp doesn't rate him. Players like him should play in games like this. Wouldn't be surprised if he's sold in the summer.
Original post by LFC_fan_321
Blame Klopp for that loss - took too long to sub on a striker. Overrated manager imo. We'll be trophyless with him.

Sturridge not coming on suggests to me that Klopp doesn't rate him. Players like him should play in games like this. Wouldn't be surprised if he's sold in the summer.

Forget being sold - if I was Sturridge I'd be looking to leave. Best striker at the club by a long way and still gets overlooked?
Unlucky lads, still the return leg though.

Looool want to swap for Van Gaal
Original post by Zerforax
Forget being sold - if I was Sturridge I'd be looking to leave. Best striker at the club by a long way and still gets overlooked?

Benteke coming on before him even speaks volumes.
At least Moreno is really good at tracking back :colonhash:
Let's not get too pissed lads - we conceded a goal in the 92nd minute.

Had the game finished 0-0, it would've been a good away result and people would've praised Klopp for picking a pressing side and restricting Villarreal offensively.

As it stands we lost 1-0. So what?
All that means is that you'll get what you want and Klopp will field a very attacking side at Anfield.

Based on what we did to Dortmund when we needed to, I'm not worried.
Annoying loss but 1-0 down isn't exactly the end of the world. We can still beat them next week at Anfield, hopefully Sturridge will start and will play better with a point to prove.
Benteke coming on before him even speaks volumes.

Bit of a weird one since it was only for a couple of minutes and before Benteke was injured, he was frozen out by Klopp in favour of Sturridge and Origi.
I wish Benteke got the chance he deserved, yeah he isn't the best striker out there but he is a decent player! Moreno seriously needs to learn how to defend

Latest