The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Thank you and hopefully i can be like this till my exams finish :smile: I also used to have eczema around my eyes and it used to be the worst thing ever , eventually the doctor gave me this cream and it went away although now there are dark circles around my eyes but it's not that bad as it's going away :smile: How's your Eczema, i hope it's not a distracting you or anything :s-smilie:

Ah you used to have eczema too? :smile: Glad it's gone for you too - it must have been annoying being right around your eyes - I know how you feel. Mine is quite bad and it flared just last night a little which was frustrating but it should calm down :smile:

Original post by NiamhM1801
27/04/2016 - Evening update

It feels like I never update anymore.

Today was simply awful. It started off with RS with that STUPID trainee we've had for a few weeks - I cannot stand her. Then we had physics where we did a p4 revision lesson but I did no work at all. After break we had English where we had an of mice and men lit question, mine started off really well but then I ran out of ideas and lost focus on the question in the middle so I probably screwed it up. After English we had double chemistry, literally a recipe for disaster. Our new teacher is constantly unsure of himself and is confusing things that don't have to be confusing. I actually hated today so much.

As if all that wasn't bad enough, I fell on the stairs on the bus today too.

Although the day has finally come - stress has officially hit me, and bloody hard as well. I've cried 4 times today (I absolutely hate crying but it's becoming more and more frequent now), and I'm really jittery and feel on the edge of a nervous breakdown. I feel sick, and really, really scared. Nothing that I've revised has paid off so far. I just feel completely and utterly useless . There's also one person stressing me out on top of all this but she doesn't even know she's doing it.

Today's just been a horrible, horrible day.

Hey I'm really sorry to hear this!! If there is anything I can do to help let me know :smile: - and I suppose a possitiive you can take from thisis that it happened now andnot closer to your exams, so you've got time to continue revising and de-stress a little
UPDATE FOR 27/04/16

Not much specific done today

Read revision guide for biology and looked at drugs, CNS and peripheral, the eye

15 Q cards on Yachana

German vocab

Revised history and Cold War and CMC - had test in lesson

Original post by NiamhM1801
27/04/2016 - Evening update

It feels like I never update anymore.

Today was simply awful. It started off with RS with that STUPID trainee we've had for a few weeks - I cannot stand her. Then we had physics where we did a p4 revision lesson but I did no work at all. After break we had English where we had an of mice and men lit question, mine started off really well but then I ran out of ideas and lost focus on the question in the middle so I probably screwed it up. After English we had double chemistry, literally a recipe for disaster. Our new teacher is constantly unsure of himself and is confusing things that don't have to be confusing. I actually hated today so much.

As if all that wasn't bad enough, I fell on the stairs on the bus today too.

Although the day has finally come - stress has officially hit me, and bloody hard as well. I've cried 4 times today (I absolutely hate crying but it's becoming more and more frequent now), and I'm really jittery and feel on the edge of a nervous breakdown. I feel sick, and really, really scared. Nothing that I've revised has paid off so far. I just feel completely and utterly useless . There's also one person stressing me out on top of all this but she doesn't even know she's doing it.

Today's just been a horrible, horrible day.

Aw poor you!! Hopefully today would be a better day :smile: Try to be positive :smile: Also, you can still revise a lot don't worry :biggrin:
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 27/04/16
Not much specific done today

Read revision guide for biology and looked at drugs, CNS and peripheral, the eye

15 Q cards on Yachana

German vocab

Revised history and Cold War and CMC - had test in lesson

Well done :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Hey I'm really sorry to hear this!! If there is anything I can do to help let me know :smile: - and I suppose a possitiive you can take from thisis that it happened now andnot closer to your exams, so you've got time to continue revising and de-stress a little

Aw poor you!! Hopefully today would be a better day Try to be positive Also, you can still revise a lot don't worry

Thank you both :smile: hopefully today will be better, seeing as its PE moderation day (although I am slightly worried about it) I only have 2 lessons and both of them are good :smile:
I think I just need to get over myself and pull myself together tbh
27/04/2016
Didn't do much. I started procrastinating:colondollar:
C3- questions on it
English- read through a bunch of articles again
Maths- looked at previous mock exams and looked at my weaknesses
Health and social care- key terms
ICT- camcorders
I haven't posted on here in aaages but I managed to get through a fair bit yesterday which made me really happy ^-^
Made mind maps for all B1 topics
Revised unit 1 and 2 of ICT with some flashcards
Looked through my last further maths mock to find weaknesses. I was 10 marks off an A** so I just need to find where I'm getting lost
Original post by sahra30013
27/04/2016
Didn't do much. I started procrastinating:colondollar:
C3- questions on it
English- read through a bunch of articles again
Maths- looked at previous mock exams and looked at my weaknesses
Health and social care- key terms
ICT- camcorders

Well done :smile:
Original post by keerthik
I haven't posted on here in aaages but I managed to get through a fair bit yesterday which made me really happy ^-^
Made mind maps for all B1 topics
Revised unit 1 and 2 of ICT with some flashcards
Looked through my last further maths mock to find weaknesses. I was 10 marks off an A** so I just need to find where I'm getting lost

Haha you haven't :smile: Well done :biggrin:
I did absolutely loads of revision yesterday, aided by the fact I had 3 full hours of science revision in class!
Tonight my brother is coming round to help me with IT and we are also celebrating his birthday which will be nice :smile:
Right now I'm off to the old peoples home for the final time as I will have finished my six months in time for extra exam revision which I am pleased about as well :smile:
Also, I heard back from something I applied for a while a go which was a youth panellist for a charity and I got the place so I will be going down to London for the day soon which I am really excited about as I live up north so I've only been when I was a lot younger! It's also going to look great on my CV and personal statement when the time comes... Just waiting to hear back from a summer school now.
What the hell??!! Why did she not like it?

basically she wasn't too keen on my structure - as I'm meant to link all different poetic forms like all together :/ also she said that some of my points could have been expressed more clearly and placed into different sections.

it is really annoying, as i have to redo my work yet again. but i want an A* so I will keep on going until I get it right. she is a very picky teacher, I mean I had to rewrite my creative writing 5 times before she loved it.

this weekend, I will just knuckle down and write the 2500 words. i am just going to take it as a positive though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE 28/04/16:
1. Geography - Population
2. Chemistry - Unit 1 Past paper,Half equations,Unit 3 past paper,looked through all the past papers
3. LOTF - Gathered quotes for a theme
4. French - C.A 30 words written, Learnt paragraphs for C.A tomorrow

I also got my Physics mock back for paper 1 and i got an A* but we did this was a past paper that i already did before :smile:
UPDATE 28/04/16:
2. Chemistry - Unit 1 Past paper,Half equations,Unit 3 past paper,looked through all the past papers

I also got my Physics mock back for paper 1 and i got an A* but we did this was a past paper that i already did before :smile:

Well done and especiciall well done for your grace! Keep up the good work!:smile:

If you don't mind me asking, why are you still doing C.A for French? Did you retake it? And what exam board are you doing? Sorry if I come across as rude.
28/04/16
I think today was all right considering I was tired. For some reason, I always seem to be so tire lately! I guess I should sleep a bit more earlier.
Maths- past paper, needs to be marked
ICT- managed to almost finish the second topic- operating online. Just got copyright and security left. 5 more topics to go!
English Literature- tested my knowledge of the storyline of Anita and Me
French- not much of an achievement but I did manage to learn 10 words on Memrise

During school.
History- economic changes in Germany, Nazi policies towards the young and the women and the final solution
Science- Revised energy in C3 and batch process as well as allotropes. Managed to some questions on it
Maths- attempted more harder questions
I didn't get a lot done yesterday due to swimming and dance lessons :frown:
Finished an English Language past paper
Did some additional maths questions and made notes on stuff I found hard
Original post by keerthik
I didn't get a lot done yesterday due to swimming and dance lessons :frown:
Finished an English Language past paper
Did some additional maths questions and made notes on stuff I found hard

28/04/16
I think today was all right considering I was tired. For some reason, I always seem to be so tire lately! I guess I should sleep a bit more earlier.
Maths- past paper, needs to be marked
ICT- managed to almost finish the second topic- operating online. Just got copyright and security left. 5 more topics to go!
English Literature- tested my knowledge of the storyline of Anita and Me
French- not much of an achievement but I did manage to learn 10 words on Memrise

During school.
History- economic changes in Germany, Nazi policies towards the young and the women and the final solution
Science- Revised energy in C3 and batch process as well as allotropes. Managed to some questions on it
Maths- attempted more harder questions

UPDATE 28/04/16:

Well done all of you - keep up the hard work :smile:
Well done and especiciall well done for your grace! Keep up the good work!:smile:

If you don't mind me asking, why are you still doing C.A for French? Did you retake it? And what exam board are you doing? Sorry if I come across as rude.

Yep I'm retaking it :smile: I don't know why but the whole class got a C for writing ?! :s-smilie: Also, for the rest of my C.A i got A*'s and I thought that i should re-do it. Edexcel
UPDATE 28/04/16

90 German cards

7 Yachana Eco Lodge

15 Transmigration

Case studies

C6 topics

ICT booklet pages and Q Cards

Zoe, how do you revise for geography?
French is making me cry. How do you guys revise for French listening and Reading? My Coursework totals up to a high A after moderation. I'm cool with that due to the fact that French is one of my weaker subjects and I don't particularly like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Zoe, how do you revise for geography?

Hi Hannah - take a look at this link and scroll down about half way - it's a post I made a while back which should help you out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending