The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gkgs
SLT* but yes you can

Oops I meant SLT it must be that time of night :sleep: Thank you for the help! x
Original post by NatalieUK
Oops I meant SLT it must be that time of night :sleep: Thank you for the help! x

Just ensure you show the meaning of your abbreviations - put (SLT) after mentioning the full term the first time
Original post by A-LJLB
Just ensure you show the meaning of your abbreviations - put (SLT) after mentioning the full term the first time

That's a really good idea thank you!!
That's a really good idea thank you!!

No problem sweet :h:
After years, finally the 2015 papers are on the AQA website.
Original post by reg123098
After years, finally the 2015 papers are on the AQA website.

The examiners report always makes me doubt myself that my essays aren't as good as I think!
For AO1 on 'the relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour' would it be okay to talk about just intersexual and intrasexual selection or should I talk about other things instead/also?
(edited 7 years ago)
For aggression, my teacher said that the question on neural and hormones (biological explanation) can just be neural as an essay or hormonal as an essay. Is this true?
Original post by ellie0497
For aggression, my teacher said that the question on neural and hormones (biological explanation) can just be neural as an essay or hormonal as an essay. Is this true?

The essay usually says and/or, in this case yes. However if the question specifically states and, then both will have to be mentioned although this is unusual.
Original post by A-LJLB
The essay usually says and/or, in this case yes. However if the question specifically states and, then both will have to be mentioned although this is unusual.

She said in the specification it says hormonal AND neural meaning they could ask either one or together as an and/or question.
She said in the specification it says hormonal AND neural meaning they could ask either one or together as an and/or question.

Yes what I meant was that it will be an and/or question or an either question, it was unlikely to be an AND question requiring both. It's best to know them separately as well as combined either way
Original post by A-LJLB
Yes what I meant was that it will be an and/or question or an either question, it was unlikely to be an AND question requiring both. It's best to know them separately as well as combined either way

I really don't want it to be a separate essay because I don't have enough information for either one separately.
I really don't want it to be a separate essay because I don't have enough information for either one separately.

I have both, if you'd like I could send them to you?
Original post by A-LJLB
I have both, if you'd like I could send them to you?

Yes please! Thank you very much
Yes please! Thank you very much

If you PM me your email then I can send them soon :smile:
Original post by pysch-student97
is anyone doing...
unit 3 - gender, relationships and eating behaviours
unit 4-depression, addiction and research methods

or just any of topics outlined above???

if so, any good A02 points for topics above??
Thanks in advance

Hi, yes, this is helpful for Neural Mechanisms is Eating (which is a high contender for the exam) https://youtu.be/JZFbcQU6DvM
Original post by Protégé
Anyone have a sample essay for social influences on gender?

It came up last year as a full essay so I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are lots of model essays online, just google it. If you still can't find one get back in touch.
Good luck
Original post by m1gg1n
Yeah i've not had a teacher for 4 months so kind of not got a choice with aiming for the high grade as well as revising my other subjects.

Why no teacher? What happened.
I have put teaching videos on You Tube, just search for 'Psychology Students' for my channel. I'm still building up my videos, so it doesn't cover everything. Also search for Richard Ebbage, he has great teaching videos, he's on T witter and You Tube.
Also Graveney School has useful stuff.
Good luck!!
For AO1 on 'the relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour' would it be okay to talk about just intersexual and intrasexual selection or should I talk about other things instead/also?

I do 4 paragraphs , intrasexual, inter sexual, short term mating strategies and long term strategies. It covers all bases and ensures the A02 makes sense.
Original post by Naveed Rahman
Does anyone know what questions may potentially come up? loopa.com normally post predictions but this year he hasnt :frown:

What topics are you studying?

Latest

Trending

Trending