The Student Room Group

A Level Essays

Hey guys,

So obviously exams are like in two weeks time
And I've been going over content by reading my notes to revise. I do essay based subjects. But I would like to get A grades. But it's my writing that brings me down. People may say ask your teachers
But when I do they're just like PEEL and analyse. But I'm like HOW!!!! I actually do not know how to analyse as stupid as it sounds. When do I analyse,after the explanation? Or after the evidence? If I've got an explanation why do I need to analyse? What am I analysing? Am I analysing my evidence to see how true it is or analysing my explanation? Can someone please give me an example sentence or paragraph which portrays analysis. Also linking. How do you link to the next paragraph would it be like "Another example the supports this view is..." then start your next paragraph. And how do you link back to the question at the same time????? Also any other good points. I'm usually around C's and B's but I want/need A's somebody please help me.
Original post by genius14
Hey guys,

I do essay based subjects. I'm usually around C's and B's but I want/need A's somebody please help me.
`

Hey, I am also doing essay based subjects at a level. May I ask which you are doing?
Reply 2
What subjects are you doing? Have you had feedback from teachers?

Post an example of a piece of your work here. :smile:
>A levels
>PEEL

Good luck fam.
Reply 4
Original post by boringvoice
`

Hey, I am also doing essay based subjects at a level. May I ask which you are doing?

G+P, Philosophy and Ethics, history and sociology
Reply 5
Original post by Jacketh
What subjects are you doing? Have you had feedback from teachers?

Post an example of a piece of your work here. :smile:

G+P, Philosophy and Ethics, history and sociology. As ive said before the teachers say the saaaaame thing
Reply 6
Original post by genius99
G+P, Philosophy and Ethics, history and sociology. As ive said before the teachers say the saaaaame thing

I did English Literature, RS, Government and Politics, and Sociology. I got A*AA. If you want to send me a few paragraphs of your work, particularly G&P, I'll gladly try and help you.
Reply 7
Original post by Jacketh
I did English Literature, RS, Government and Politics, and Sociology. I got A*AA. If you want to send me a few paragraphs of your work, particularly G&P, I'll gladly try and help you.

Yes please. I will private message you, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest