The Student Room Group

Would a muslim girl date an atheist?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Eternalflames
Lol, be careful I got a blue card for saying something similar a few weeks ago.

Meh, it's impossible to talk about this topic without inevitable blue cards I imagine, someone was going to say it lol
Reply 41
Original post by samerf
Probably. I'm open to dating people outside my religon.

Does that not make you a false Muslim, I'm sure iSoc society agrees with me?
Original post by haj101
I don't think so...:redface:

Aw man :frown:
Reply 43
Original post by Omen96
You should not go down that route. If they have a father, uncle, brothers, cousins and even female relatives you are at risk from being killed or acid attacked. You are a non-believer according to them and so dirt

I'd smash the **** out them wimps

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've done it before, and I used to be a Muslim. If she is non-practising then yes, it's quite possible but in the long term it could be more difficult if her family has a problem with it.
Original post by KaminiZindagi
depends on her. however why would you date a girl who believes that Muhammad PBUH went to heaven on a unicorn or that stoning is ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't believe that... don't be so rude.
Original post by samerf

Isn't dating haraam? Lol; what would your parents say?
Original post by Eternalflames
Would an Atheist convert to Islam for a Muslim girl? If they wouldn't then they can't get married.

Unless they just got married legally and kept their faiths, then the marriage wouldn't be valid under Sharia law.

Hard one this, I wouldn't convert for marriage either due to integrity, ironically my respect for religion would put me in a difficult position :lol:
Reply 48
Original post by KaminiZindagi
u just assumed i am muslim because of the pak flag. that is not very smart of you or hot

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol it's my first post and out of all place I got to this thread.
Well stereotypically most pakistani in countries such as Saudi arabia atleast are Muslims =p
Though looking at myself I should think otherwise from now on
Reply 49
Original post by RobML
god isn't the president he can't tell me what to do

are you dumb?
Reply 50
Original post by samerf

lol.
Original post by keepdreaming-
They don't believe that... don't be so rude.

lol yes they do

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can't generalise all Muslim girls to say whether they would or would not date a non-Muslim. I'm Muslim (albeit not practicing) and I would. Having said that, many of my Muslim friends wouldn't even consider it. Some would but would also expect him/her to covert in the long-run. Some can understand Atheists, some can't. Some have imposing families, some don't. Personally, I'd probably be more likely to get long with an Atheist partner than a practicing Muslim partner, and my parents are the 'it's your life' type so they wouldn't be much of a problem, but that's just me.
You realise 'Muslim girls' are people right? People from different countries, different cities, different cultures, different parents, different friends?
Original post by thefatone
why does religious belief play a huge part in who you should date and love?

Because religion says so. That's why I hate religion and I think it wastes your life
Original post by RoyalMarine
Because religion says so. That's why I hate religion and I think it wastes your life

This is the most stupid part. I say don't waste your life on this thus you should no waste your life. why do people believe in such inmaterialistic things? what do they want? to be a good person? then be a good person why link it to religion?

i think religion is just a waste of time and many things such as doing good for your religion can be done without religion anyway
Original post by G8D
How do you feel about that? From a 'multicultural' perspective.

Its their religion, who am I to judge it?
Original post by Multiculturalism
I literally just linked the source :facepalm:

Seriously? Your source is Islamqa? I'm not going to question its theological validity but you do know this is the most conservative (right wing, if you will) interpretation of Islam...? and islam is a monolith is it? There is only Salafism is there? you Islamophobe...

I thought you hated right wing and conservatism? Or is that hatred only reserved for white conservatives - who are obviously fascists...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thefatone
This is the most stupid part. I say don't waste your life on this thus you should no waste your life. why do people believe in such inmaterialistic things? what do they want? to be a good person? then be a good person why link it to religion?

i think religion is just a waste of time and many things such as doing good for your religion can be done without religion anyway

I completely agree. I don't think it's because of being good or anything moral. It's
because indoctrination in the first stages of your life is powerful so they believe that religion even if it's ridicolous and makes them unhappy by not letting them do what they like.
Original post by RoyalMarine
I completely agree. I don't think it's because of being good or anything moral. It's
because indoctrination in the first stages of your life is powerful so they believe that religion even if it's ridiculous and makes them unhappy by not letting them do what they like.

yup, then when questioned why they give me balls
Personally, I wouldn't.

Quick Reply

Latest