The Student Room Group

Going to uni... what are you looking forward to most?

Scroll to see replies

hookers and cocaine
Studying a new and exciting subject!

Posted from TSR Mobile
-The thing that I'm looking forward to is also the thing that I'm most dreading, which is making friends.
I mean what if there's no-one I like and I become a sad loner.
-long holidays to watch TV and read books without feeling guilty that I should be doing revision
-one step closer to figuring out what I want to do with my life (I'm hoping to get inspiration regarding my career choice at uni)
The freedom of being away from everyone who knows me! I've been waiting so long for this moment - my moment to run like the wind! Also it will be lovely to have my Friday and Saturday evenings back: I've been working them for one and half years!
The change in surroundings is also very exciting as I sometimes feel very bored living where I am for so long. I just hope I won't be unhappy in my new town...
Being able to work out early in the morning/late in the evening
Original post by Daniel9998
hookers and cocaine

got the wrong Leo for that :wink:
leaving the hellhole that is my school
Original post by psychemma
Making new friends
Experiencing living in a new place that isn't the same as where I've lived for the past 18 years
Being able to focus on the a subject I'm truly interested in
Sounds weird but doing my own food shopping!

This XD
Original post by She-Ra
When you think about your future uni life.... :moon: what makes you feel super excited? :banana2:

[scroll]:bl::bl::bl::bl::bl::bl::bl::bl::bl::bl::bl::bl:[/scroll]

Spoiler

The fact that I can buy so many gym supplements + gym apparel from my
student loan with little to no hassle since I'm living at home for my 1st year.
Not to mention the potential scholarship money! :drool:

Better make the most of it :laugh:

As well as meeting people with similar interests that are about :dumbells:
life. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by YaYazooGirl
Getting away from my controlling family lol

I :love: your profile picture. I have that quote as a picture saved on my
phone gallery :laugh:
Original post by Zacken
x

Who could resist? :love:

:lol: Debatable. :teehee:

That's Trinity not Kings :hmmmm2:
Reply 31
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
That's Trinity not Kings :hmmmm2:

Still Cambridge. :tongue:
Original post by littlenorthernlass
The freedom of being away from everyone who knows me! I've been waiting so long for this moment - my moment to run like the wind! Also it will be lovely to have my Friday and Saturday evenings back: I've been working them for one and half years!
The change in surroundings is also very exciting as I sometimes feel very bored living where I am for so long. I just hope I won't be unhappy in my new town...

Where did you choose in the end?
Beyond the education, I am looking forward to being around smart people constantly who will be able to have smart conversations.

I look forward to the musical opportunities.

And I hope to have my first boyfriend whilst at University.

And perhaps pick up a friend or few for life.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Beyond the education, I am looking forward to being around smart people constantly who will be able to have smart conversations.

I look forward to the musical opportunities.

And I hope to have my first boyfriend whilst at University.

And perhaps pick up a friend or few for life.

You have to remember that the only difference between you now and you at university is a summer. Those 'smart conversations' are only going to occur a small amount of the time. And even then, you'll meet a lot of people with very opposing views to you and will have to learn to deal with those conversations.

Musical opportunities: Yeah can't argue with that.

Boyfriend: Don't tie yourself down unless it's worth it. Uni is a great place to look for that love of your life. However, you may very well become a very different person to who you were before uni, and when you finish uni may be a very different person to who you were during uni. Your priorities may very well change. They did for me and all my friends.

Friends: You will make great friends. But I can almost gurantee that you will make only a handful of lifelong friends. Nothing wrong with that though, they have to be special :moon:
(edited 7 years ago)
Lmao. Are there still people who see studying in London as a positive thing? Jheez.

Meanwhile, I can't wait to move out
Reply 36
It's so nice to see you all excited. Uni isn't always cracked up to what you think it'll be like.

Good luck with your exams! :h:
Reply 37
Original post by Daniel9998
hookers and cocaine

Shisha:u:
HOPEFULLY MEETING AMBITIOUS AND LIKE MINDED PEOPLE (can you tell? :rofl:) Plus uni maths looks so hawt :sexface:

Original post by Zacken
You mean, this:

Who could resist? :love:

:lol: Debatable. :teehee:

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Imperion
HOPEFULLY MEETING AMBITIOUS AND LIKE MINDED PEOPLE (can you tell? :rofl:)

Actually, no I can't? :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest