The Student Room Group

What's the solution to the migrant crisis?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Good bloke
This is nonsense on two levels.

First, Britain entered WW2 precisely because it wasn't isolationist and was standing up for weaker countries.

Second, you imply that it is up to the west to resolve internal political problems in Arab countries, yet it is attempting to do so that attracts criticism from both the countries themselves and apologists like you. The very definition of having your cake and eating it.

Standing up for weaker countries? You mean scare Germany would become too big and then take Britain next.

And appeasement and isolationism are a very fine line.
Original post by SwedenYes
Sure

I am only a white male, unfortunately, so everyone should ignore me anyway

Pathetic.
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
No it's not. Tell me where it says "Banality is normative"

No, you're just poor at reading what someone says, because you want to interpret it. Sometimes what people say, is just what they mean.

I'm not surprised, your ilk do get insulted terribly easily.

Why don't you figure it out yourself? You pretend to be so smart, I am sure you will have no trouble...

I wonder how many people you come across must be "poor at reading" in your eyes. Maybe it's just you, you know. Your effect on people.
Original post by brainhuman
Just another example of where someone might weigh up the risks of doing something :smile:

So nothing constructive or relevant to my comment?
Why don't you figure it out yourself? You pretend to be so smart, I am sure you will have no trouble...

I wonder how many people you come across must be "poor at reading" in your eyes. Maybe it's just you, you know. Your effect on people.

No. Some are, some are fine. You just happen to be poor.
Reply 205
Original post by dannyscott7
These migrants have literally no intention at all to work once they come here. They will be given everything on a plate. Why the hell would they work. Pipe dream. Yes there are many lazy people on benefits in this country so why don't we fill these positions with EU workers over economic opportunists and a handful of refugees. They go to the rich countries primarily to get FREE money. If you think they are going to contribute properly to our country you are delusional or misinformed or both.

I never said all of them come here for work. A small percentage do. The thing about living in the UK, we are on an island. The government is letting everyone in, this is a government issue, as well as ethical. We all live on one planet, what country you're born in is just luck I guess. So as a social planet we should help out everyone we could if they help us (economically) or any other way, so we could help even more people. But the issue is we're running out of space, and other countries also need to step up their game and let people in like Germany did.

However indeed this is a government issue, they are letting them in. If they're located within the European Union, they are allowed to come in due to EU law. However If it is outside of the EU, we are letting them in.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
So nothing constructive or relevant to my comment?

Nothing could ever be relevant to that disgusting piece of filth you wrote.
No. Some are, some are fine. You just happen to be poor.

Maybe others are too nice. Not everyone likes pointing out the shortcomings of others to them.
Original post by Good bloke
This is nonsense on two levels.

First, Britain entered WW2 precisely because it wasn't isolationist and was standing up for weaker countries.

Second, you imply that it is up to the west to resolve internal political problems in Arab countries, yet it is attempting to do so that attracts criticism from both the countries themselves and apologists like you. The very definition of having your cake and eating it.

You're thinking in an excessively one-dimensional manner.

Hitler's aggressive expansionism was partly catalysed because of a lack of interest from the USA, Britain, France, etc in preventing him from doing so. This is because as a result of the Great Depression, lots of economies were suffering and they wanted to focus on their own, internal affairs. And they didn't care about Hitler undoing the Treaty of Versailles - which many of them thought was unfair anyway. Before Hitler invaded Poland, he took back territory from many countries including the demilitarised Rhineland region in Germany, Sudetenland, etc. Britain and other powers had no interest in stopping him here .

It was only after Hitler went beyond this and threatened to take Poland that other powers suddenly wanted to stop him, this was because their previous isolationism had led to a situation where Hitler was intimidating smaller countries and taking control of parts of them.

I suggest you read up on history before making such an absurd, oversimplified comment about isolationism.

And it is our responsibility, as a leading democratic nation, to properly enforce what NATO stands for and actually help the situation instead of giving it a bash and praying things work out - which is what we are doing right now with airstrikes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nothing could ever be relevant to that disgusting piece of filth you wrote.

Oh wow. Are you TRIGGERED?

Reality sucks huh buddy
Maybe others are too nice. Not everyone likes pointing out the shortcomings of others to them.

Or others just aren't as banal as you.
Or others just aren't as banal as you.

Well, I'd rather be banal than a pretentious loser. So I am fine with leaving it at that actually.
Well, I'd rather be banal than a pretentious loser. So I am fine with leaving it at that actually.

You're both, sadly.
Oh wow. Are you TRIGGERED?

Reality sucks huh buddy

Triggered?

Coz I myself came over on a boat and almost died?

:rolleyes:

I do agree on the other part. But that's mainly because of people like you. Like imagine for a second that I actually was "triggered" as you say. That wouldn't bother you at all, would it? It seems it would even give you some sort of entertainment? Would love to know what a psychologist says about that. Me, yes, I admit it, I find that rather sad.
You're both, sadly.

Your insults would hit home a lot harder if they were true. And you are getting sloppy, you're using what I say, not coming up with your own stuff.

How banal.
Your insults would hit home a lot harder if they were true. And you are getting sloppy, you're using what I say, not coming up with your own stuff.

How banal.

I'm just getting tired of the ceaseless quotes. One of us has to relent eventually.
Triggered?

Coz I myself came over on a boat and almost died?

:rolleyes:

I do agree on the other part. But that's mainly because of people like you. Like imagine for a second that I actually was "triggered" as you say. That wouldn't bother you at all, would it? It seems it would even give you some sort of entertainment? Would love to know what a psychologist says about that. Me, yes, I admit it, I find that rather sad.

I fell of a pedalo too buddy

You are correct, i am not bothered in the slightest about how triggered you are as a consequence of my post. Here's why:

1) You knowingly entered a clearly titled thread and knew clearly what sort of things the discussion would entail

2) Not only have you entered it, but you have fallaciously and maliciously attacked others for their views. Not somebody who's fee fee's i believe need protecting from the big bad words

3) You fantasied about someone shooting me in the face being worth the jail time. But yes, i am the big bad nasty man

4) My post wasn't offensive or wrong. It was spot on. You might not like the reality of that but me pointing it out doesn't mean i deserve shooting in the face

5) You didnt even try to refute or articulate why my post was supposedly "disgustingly filth"
(edited 7 years ago)
I fell of a pedalo too buddy

You are correct, i am not bothered in the slightest about how triggered you are as a consequence of my post. Here's why:

1) You knowingly entered a clearly titled thread and knew clearly what sort of things the discussion would entail

2) Not only have you entered it, but you have fallaciously and maliciously attacked others for their views. Not somebody who's fee fee's i believe need protecting from the big bad words

3) You fantasied about someone shooting me in the face being worth the jail time. But yes, i am the big bad nasty man

4) My post wasn't offensive or wrong. It was spot on. You might not like the reality of that but me pointing it out doesn't mean i deserve shooting in the face

1) I entered knowing someone would so callous as to judge refugees fleeing over water as a calculated risk and their own fault for dying? Maybe you did, I didn't.

2) I was not the one to escalate things.

3) After you made that comment, see 2)

4) Yes, it was.

We had almost nothing to do with each other before this, so none of your points have any merit in you saying that is why you aren't bothered. Moreover, fair enough if you say that to me. But anyone can read your post. Not just me. What if they get triggered, still not bothered?

I mean you are not even anything noteworthy. The internet is full of bullies and trolls.
1) I entered knowing someone would so callous as to judge refugees fleeing over water as a calculated risk and their own fault for dying? Maybe you did, I didn't.

2) I was not the one to escalate things.

3) After you made that comment, see 2)

4) Yes, it was.

We had almost nothing to do with each other before this, so none of your points have any merit in you saying that is why you aren't bothered. Moreover, fair enough if you say that to me. But anyone can read your post. Not just me. What if they get triggered, still not bothered?

I mean you are not even anything noteworthy. The internet is full of bullies and trolls.

What did i just read

Stop pointing to ur sore fee fees and calling me names and wishing to shoot me in the face and explain how my post was wrong and filthy and disgusting
(edited 7 years ago)
What did i just read

Stop pointing to ur sore fee fees and calling me names and wishing to shoot me in the face and explain how my post was wrong and filthy and disgusting

If your moral compass doesn't recognize that on its own, nothing I will say will change that.

And names? I called you a bully (or a troll depending if you are genuine or not). As you said above, that is "neither offensive nor wrong, it was spot on".
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending