The Student Room Group

good convo starters

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Angry Bird
yo wasteman wat u sayin

mate wen i can't think of anything to say to a boy i just complain about **** innit
Reply 21
Original post by ikhan94
Hey i just got out of prison for murdering, do you want to be my friend?...

good one mate i might try that one on the next 10/10 boy i see
Reply 22
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Honestly? Anything, like i'm looking at my shoes right now.

No need to tie yourself in knots.

ahah nice little pun but like what do i do if they don't reply
Original post by MevMev
ahah nice little pun but like what do i do if they don't reply

Nothing, just wait it out. If they're interested they'll get back to you eventually.

If you chase a cat that doesn't like you what does it do? It runs.
Reply 24
Nothing, just wait it out. If they're interested they'll get back to you eventually.

If you chase a cat that doesn't like you what does it do? It runs.

lol this one is running a marathon by the looks of it
Original post by MevMev
lol this one is running a marathon by the looks of it

How long does he take to get back to you? Minutes? Hours? Days?
How long are the conversations? One line? Minutes? Hours?
How much interest does he show?
Does he compliment, double text, ask about you, reveal things about himself, actually make some sort of effort? Text randomly? Does he flirt?

If you do none of these things as well he probably thinks the same about you.
Reply 26
How long does he take to get back to you? Minutes? Hours? Days?
How long are the conversations? One line? Minutes? Hours?
How much interest does he show?
Does he compliment, double text, ask about you, reveal things about himself, actually make some sort of effort? Text randomly? Does he flirt?

If you do none of these things as well he probably thinks the same about you.

sometimes i feel like its going really well and conversation is flowing and like every minute of the day but other times its like theres no effort there whatsoever for days so its kind of bipolar
Original post by MevMev
sometimes i feel like its going really well and conversation is flowing and like every minute of the day but other times its like theres no effort there whatsoever for days so its kind of bipolar

Maybe he just doesn't have anything to say? Speaking as a guy, sometimes I can carry conversation for hours and othertimes I struggle to think of anything, when that happens I usually just back off or something :lol: depends how busy I am etc, too many factors to consider really, but I think you can tell when someone is interested, I usually can anyway.
Reply 28
Maybe he just doesn't have anything to say? Speaking as a guy, sometimes I can carry conversation for hours and othertimes I struggle to think of anything, when that happens I usually just back off or something :lol: depends how busy I am etc, too many factors to consider really, but I think you can tell when someone is interested, I usually can anyway.

but the thing is i don't even want him to be interested like no big deal but why isn't the convo flowing naturally like I'm trying to be a good friend but he's not into making friends??
Original post by Darien91
If it's just as a friend what does it matter? "hey, how are you? having a good week?" would be fine

Nah this type of thing is bait and too clingy, no one in the normal world under the age of 25 will think you're chill if you message someone asking how their week is. Come on. Lets use our social skills.

If you message 'Hi, how is your week going :smile:'
They will respond with (most of the time) 'fine thanks you'
Then you can either talk about yourself or say 'fine too'

congrats on establishing yourself as a) boring af and b) a cling mf

1) Always message with a purpose. If you have something to say then your first line will come naturally. For example, If you want to meet up; 'Hey, are you going out tonight, we're having pre drinks at mine', 'Have you checked out the knew ... film, man'. If you are just inquiring as to how they're doing it only works if its specific. E.g. 'Dude, that test is going to suck so hard tomorrow, you done much work for it?'

2) I cannot stress how much you need to leave the cheese behind

3) Stop bothering the person unless you want something or have something to say

Blah Blah stop being silly
Reply 30
Original post by Anonymous
Nah this type of thing is bait and too clingy, no one in the normal world under the age of 25 will think you're chill if you message someone asking how their week is. Come on. Lets use our social skills.

If you message 'Hi, how is your week going :smile:'
They will respond with (most of the time) 'fine thanks you'
Then you can either talk about yourself or say 'fine too'

congrats on establishing yourself as a) boring af and b) a cling mf

1) Always message with a purpose. If you have something to say then your first line will come naturally. For example, If you want to meet up; 'Hey, are you going out tonight, we're having pre drinks at mine', 'Have you checked out the knew ... film, man'. If you are just inquiring as to how they're doing it only works if its specific. E.g. 'Dude, that test is going to suck so hard tomorrow, you done much work for it?'

2) I cannot stress how much you need to leave the cheese behind

3) Stop bothering the person unless you want something or have something to say

Blah Blah stop being silly

thank you- this is by far the most constructive piece of advice on this thread so far

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending