The Student Room Group

3 out of 4 women still don't want to pay for dates

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
A while ago on a thread, all the girls including me said that they would happily pay for themselves, you guys need to get over yourselves, you sound pathetic.

Women aren't here to feel sorry for you being broke lmao.

This post is so ridiculous it is difficult to know how to respond.
Reply 41
Original post by EllainKahlo
What is sexist about me paying for my own share?

A man should pay for the date and to not do so is looking down on a woman and treating her like filth.

Original post by TheArtofProtest
I pay for my dates. I was taught that it is only good and proper that a man does so.

Exactly. Thankfully the statistic holds true but there is a scary amount of sexist and misogynistic people on this thread who think women should pay their part. Society is going backwards in my opinion
Reply 42
Original post by Chief Wiggum
That's feminism - "equality when it suits us".

Notice how 99% of the females itt ''but I iz always pay for my share!!!111'' while the real world is a completely different story. Just as I predicted in my earlier post. Just like it doesn't matter if the guy is a brain surgeon or a sewer worker, it's all about his ambition, passion and loving what he does!!!
Reply 43
Original post by loveleest
A while ago on a thread, all the girls including me said that they would happily pay for themselves, you guys need to get over yourselves, you sound pathetic.

Women aren't here to feel sorry for you being broke lmao.

Take your sexist crap somewhere else. Women have done the honour of attending the date and therefore men should pay for it. You can't expect women to do these things while men sit on their ***
Original post by Chief Wiggum
This post is so ridiculous it is difficult to know how to respond.

Aww, someone ran out of things to say? :bawling:
Mocking feminism is never cute btw. Grow up.
Original post by Omen96
A man should pay for the date and to not do so is looking down on a woman and treating her like filth.

Exactly. Thankfully the statistic holds true but there is a scary amount of sexist and misogynistic people on this thread who think women should pay their part. Society is going backwards in my opinion

So I'm being sexist against myself? :troll:
You're either a troll or an idiot, I hope for your sake it's the former.
Original post by Omen96

No, because if I don't pay for my dates, I would get arrested for theft:

I only pay when I want to. We always discuss the bill before we even start eating. It's not a big deal at all. If I decide I don't wanna pay for whatever reason, then we'd discuss it before even going out. Don't be immature and insecure about money and only tiptoe around discussing it when the bill is there, doing silliness like whistling when it comes and going to the loo leaving the persona t the table or pretending to want to pay for it? Just calmly say, "who's paying?" or "I'll pay for my meal." If you say that you better have the money just in case they take the offer though! The whole "going dutch" splitting in half thing is STUPID and pseudo-mature. Like "let's not discuss **** this let's just do math right here and divide £142.63 by 2 for the both of us." Smh.

If you can't even decide on who pays for the chips I mean split up fast.
Original post by Omen96
Take your sexist crap somewhere else. Women have done the honour of attending the date and therefore men should pay for it. You can't expect women to do these things while men sit on their ***

What are you talking about?
Reply 49
Original post by EllainKahlo
So I'm being sexist against myself? :troll:
You're either a troll or an idiot, I hope for your sake it's the former.

You think women are inferior to men so you believe they should pay on dates
Original post by cosmic angel
I don't mind paying my share. But supposing a girl's just attracted to gentlemanly types, hmm :u:? I would pay but I still wouldn't like him anymore if he didn't at least offer, can't can't help it. :tongue:

I don't think most guys mind being gentlemanly, the problem is that it's sexist to expect women to be lady-like in return.
So what? Most women aren't worth taking on a date anyway
Original post by Omen96
You think women are inferior to men so you believe they should pay on dates

Quite the contrary. I know and believe I'm perfectly capable of paying for it myself, therefore I will. Because I'm just as physically able to do so as any man.
Well, I always offer to split the bill, it's just most men I've been on dates with don't want me to. I have paid for the guy before on the first date though.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Fyi if this is what breaks your relationship then bloody good riddance.

I'd pay for her taxi home though so I never have to see her again.

This. If a woman expects to be paid for, she can start a career as a hooker.
Original post by Zargabaath
I don't think most guys mind being gentlemanly, the problem is that it's sexist to expect women to be lady-like in return.

Not judging by these TSR threads!
What do you mean, what sort of behaviour must the woman show to be considered ladylike by you?
Reply 56
Original post by cosmic angel
I don't mind paying my share. But supposing a girl's just attracted to gentlemanly types, hmm :u:? I would pay but I still wouldn't like him anymore if he didn't at least offer, can't can't help it. :tongue:

So you find men who are leaders, protectors, providers etc attractive? Nothing wrong with that, as long as you act accordingly yourself (feminine, submissive..) and not just ''embrace'' the nice parts of the so called equality.
Person who asked the other one out paying is the system I'd go for, but if some girl tried to do the fake wallet reach thing on me on a first date I'd deliberately not turn them down. Gotta weed out the annoying ones somehow...
Original post by Omen96
women are considered third class citizens by white men

Since when?

-A white male
Original post by shazy2014
oh I certainly wouldn't want to pay, I have quite traditional expectations of what guys should do 😊

So according to traditions, it's ok if the guy expects you to have his dinner ready for him when he gets home from work. Also you stay at home and do the housework while he's at work. Maybe girls should have to take home economics and make it compulsory?
Original post by Erebor
So you find men who are leaders, protectors, providers etc attractive? Nothing wrong with that, as long as you act accordingly yourself (feminine, submissive..) and not just ''embrace'' the nice parts of the so called equality.

Lolwut? Has nobody taught you how to talk to people?

No woman in any sort of society has the duty to act feminine or submissive to any random male off the street. Least of all to somebody as crass as yourself. LOOOOOL stop telling me how I ought to be.

Quick Reply

Latest