The Student Room Group

Muslim girls on TSR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Erebor
The prophet had many wives and concubines, is that what his wives should have done to him?

so what you described is women not having rights or a say, therefore islam supposedly opresses women, but when muslim women stand up for their rights, we cant because we should be opressed

make up your minds people:colonhash:
Original post by Erebor
So if there were ''reasons'', you'd be fine with your husband having many wives and concubines and having sex with them?

read my most recent comment
Polygamy won't work in a high functioning society. Girls will just flock to the top 10%, maybe in the top 20% of males which leaves the bottom 80%-90% of men scrambling against each other. It will only work if there is a shortage of males and that is it.

I think that's why there is a high percentile of male refugees coming from the Middle East and North Africa since polygamy is widely practiced in those areas.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TrueDetective01
Polygamy won't work in a high functioning society. Girls will just flock to the top 10%, maybe in the top 20% of males which leaves the bottom 80%-90% of men scrambling against each other. It will only work if there is a shortage of males and that is it.

I think that's why there is a high percentile of male refugees coming from the Middle East and North Africa since polygamy is widely practiced in those areas.

There are less male than female and more gay men then lesbiens so in theory polygamy could work. As for your hypothesis on the cause of immigration, that is factually incorrect because polygamy is rarely practiced and from reading the response of the Muslim females on this thread, you can see why.
Original post by Mentally
There are less male than female and more gay men then lesbiens so in theory polygamy could work. As for your hypothesis on the cause of immigration, that is factually incorrect because polygamy is rarely practiced and from reading the response of the Muslim females on this thread, you can see why.

The girls responding in this thread are most likely born and raised in the West (Britain) and not likely been raised in the said areas that I mentioned. Are you denying that polygamy is practiced in the Middle East and North Africa?
The girls responding in this thread are most likely born and raised in the West (Britain) and not likely been raised in the said areas that I mentioned. Are you denying that polygamy is practiced in the Middle East and North Africa?

Even the female in the Middle east and North africa rarely accept polygamy or agree to it. Theyll respond in a similar way to the general replies in this thread if not worse.
I'm not remotely denying that polygamy is practiced, instead I am pointing out the absurdity in your assumption to claim that it is such widely practiced in effect decreasing the population of single females available significantly such that the men were forced to migrate to Europe! Absolutely ludicrous.
Even the female in the Middle east and North africa rarely accept polygamy or agree to it. Theyll respond in a similar way to the general replies in this thread if not worse.
I'm not remotely denying that polygamy is practiced, instead I am pointing out the absurdity in your assumption to claim that it is such widely practiced in effect decreasing the population of single females available significantly such that the men were forced to migrate to Europe! Absolutely ludicrous.

But, how do you know that females will or willl not accept polygamy? Do you honestly think that females in the West and females in the Middle East/North Africa share the same mindset, values and culture as each other?

I am not saying the male refugees were forced to come to Europe. if I was a low value male in a society where polygamy was practiced, I would be forced to move somewhere to gain access to resources and women.

What will you do if the top 10% or 20% of males took loads of wives and concubines?
But, how do you know that females will or willl not accept polygamy? Do you honestly think that females in the West and females in the Middle East/North Africa share the same mindset, values and culture as each other?

I am not saying the male refugees were forced to come to Europe. if I was a low value male in a society where polygamy was practiced, I would be forced to move somewhere to gain access to resources and women.

What will you do if the top 10% or 20% of males took loads of wives and concubines?

I know this because I am of Arab ethnicity and I am aware of these cultural practices and the issues that arises from it.
Women fundamentally and instrinsically are the same, they will still feel extremely jealous if they see their man with another women, no social value mindset or cultural differences can overcome the innate sentiment of the evolution of sexual jealousy.

As for your theory on women going to the top 10% of men, very interesting indeed. I think though this is limited by some factors such as the man wont be able to spend as much time with the women, jealousy, and others.

It is however a common occurence in the animal kingdom, as for humans, our psychology evolved such that it wont happen. All you need to look back is 1000 + years ago where polygamy was widely practiced globally, we never had the problem of women going to the top 10%.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
I know, right? Using violence or the threat of violence to get men to stay on the straight and narrow is tantamount to emotional abuse. Someone should report these raging hijabistas to the police.

Clearly he doesn't feel the same way.

Hahahahaha I laughed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Original post by fatima1998
i won't marry him :noway: i would make all his wives to divorce him :colondollar:

If you try to make all his wives to divorce him, it means that they were already married with him before you. Therefore, we can conclude that you would agree with marrying a man who already has several wives.
Reply 110
Original post by Josb
If you try to make all his wives to divorce him, it means that they were already married with him before you. Therefore, we can conclude that you would agree with marrying a man who already has several wives.

Loool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb

noo... if he is married to 3 wives and he wanna marry me but he is hiding that he is not married or if he asks me for rishta then i'll just do something that his wives would kill him :unsure:
I know this because I am of Arab ethnicity and I am aware of these cultural practices and the issues that arises from it.
Women fundamentally and instrinsically are the same, they will still feel extremely jealous if they see their man with another women, no social value mindset or cultural differences can overcome the innate sentiment of the evolution of sexual jealousy.

As for your theory on women going to the top 10% of men, very interesting indeed. I think though this is limited by some factors such as the man wont be able to spend as much time with the women, jealousy, and others.

It is however a common occurence in the animal kingdom, as for humans, our psychology evolved such that it wont happen. All you need to look back is 1000 + years ago where polygamy was widely practiced globally, we never had the problem of women going to the top 10%.

Monogamy was only instilled on to the masses by major religions to even out the playing field for all men. It gave men purpose to work, to innovate, to go to war and to evolve. If polygamy was still practiced throughout time, we wouldn't be where we are now.

It's not even about being able to spend time with women. Women gravitate towards males of high status and resources whom they can extract it from. For them, all it matters is if a male can keep them safe, provide for their needs and wants etc.

Yes, I agree we are evolved to have thoughts, feelings, speech etc but we still have animalistic instincts.
Reply 113
noo... if he is married to 3 wives and he wanna marry me but he is hiding that he is not married or if he asks me for rishta then i'll just do something that his wives would kill him :unsure:

Don't lie, you like threesomes. :sexface:
Original post by Josb
Don't lie, you like threesomes. :sexface:

what about foursomes :perv:
Reply 115
what about foursomes :perv:

:sogood: You're so dirty, I love you. :sexface:
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Me and my friend were discussing whether the following pic is a miracle. Apparently the veins in the hand resemble the Arabic word for God
Attachment not found
Any thoughts?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Rolling pin/baseball bat/chappal

chappall loooooolll

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending