The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samb1234
Solomons are much closer to the real exam format, IYGB are harder and require a bit more thinking. Tbh i would start with the real papers where 100 ums isn't full (as they tend to be the harder ones) and if you still want more papers then look at solomons or IYGB

I average 70 out of 75 (well, 69.8 but round up lol) across all the edexcel c4 papers (jun and jan 05 - 15) and have made a common stupid mistake of missing the minus sign on the rates of change questions. so i planned to be moving onto solomons and any other paper. Tho it is my first time stumbling across these IYGB papers so would you recommend doing them first and then the solomons?
Original post by tazza ma razza
I average 70 out of 75 (well, 69.8 but round up lol) across all the edexcel c4 papers (jun and jan 05 - 15) and have made a common stupid mistake of missing the minus sign on the rates of change questions. so i planned to be moving onto solomons and any other paper. Tho it is my first time stumbling across these IYGB papers so would you recommend doing them first and then the solomons?

I would take a step back from papers tbh for a bit. You have already done a lot of papers, so you're probably better off making sure you get every bit of the content. There comes a point where doing extra papers gives diminishing returns, instead look at things like your exam technique, were there any questions you can't do etc
I would take a step back from papers tbh for a bit. You have already done a lot of papers, so you're probably better off making sure you get every bit of the content. There comes a point where doing extra papers gives diminishing returns, instead look at things like your exam technique, were there any questions you can't do etc

Fair Shout man, appreciate it :smile: I think i'll go through the integration and rates of change sh1t again :smile:

I have only been doing past papers for revision, and I ALWAYS make at least 1 small mistake per paper that sometimes will ruin an entire question.

Any tips for me to avoid this?
Original post by anonwinner
I have only been doing past papers for revision, and I ALWAYS make at least 1 small mistake per paper that sometimes will ruin an entire question.

Any tips for me to avoid this?

. There are several things you can do to minimise mistakes. I personally prefer to do the paper just once most of the time, however i check as I go along and where possible by doing stuff like working it out with a second method, checking solution works with a calculator etc. This also sounds weird but you can almost 'sense' when an answer is right or wrong which isn't really something you can deliberately develop but just comes from doing a lot of papers
how would I integrate 2sin3xsin2x
Original post by imran_

Use the factor formulae.
Original post by Zacken
Use the factor formulae.

I figured that out, can anyone tell me how to do it?
. There are several things you can do to minimise mistakes. I personally prefer to do the paper just once most of the time, however i check as I go along and where possible by doing stuff like working it out with a second method, checking solution works with a calculator etc. This also sounds weird but you can almost 'sense' when an answer is right or wrong which isn't really something you can deliberately develop but just comes from doing a lot of papers

Thanks. Yeh I get what you mean about sensing if an answer is right.

I think I'll start checking my answers more often.
Original post by imran_

Original post by Zacken
Use the factor formulae.

Or derive it using Addition formulae :colone:

Spoiler

Original post by SaadKaleem

But that's just factor formulae anyway? It's a bit like saying "instead of using double angles for sin2θ\sin 2\theta let's use addition formulae and do sin(θ+θ)\sin (\theta + \theta)." :colone:
Original post by Zacken
But that's just factor formulae anyway? It's a bit like saying "instead of using double angles for sin2θ\sin 2\theta let's use addition formulae and do sin(θ+θ)\sin (\theta + \theta)." :colone:

Haha yeah xD.

Spoiler

thank you for your help :biggrin:, could you explain the alternative method of using the formula please
Original post by imran_
thank you for your help :biggrin:, could you explain the alternative method of using the formula please

Spoiler

Spoiler

thank you, I have never understood this till now :biggrin:
ive never seen it come up on past papers, this was a solomon paper
Original post by imran_
thank you, I have never understood this till now :biggrin:
ive never seen it come up on past papers, this was a solomon paper

That's because they're not on spec.
Original post by Zacken
That's because they're not on spec.

I wonder why Edexcel didn't update their books and formulae booklets. lol.

I guess it is there incase someone would want to use it as an alternative in a question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tazza ma razza

What did i just read?

Original post by physicsmaths
I guess it is there incase someone would want to use it as an alternative in a question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need it in FP2 and FP3 though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending