The Student Room Group

Why do British people treat animals like people

Seriously so many people constantly whine in this country about lions or elephants being killed yet don't care about the plight of the refugees in calais. I hate to break it to you but these animals are just that, animals, they aren't nice cuddly friends and would likely kill you if they got the chance. The reason poachers don't feel guilty is because these animals destroy their lands and kill their people. I'm fed up with this colonial attitude towards other countries treatment of animals from your cozy home in the west, get some perspective please instead of believing PETA PROPAGANDA
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by intelligent con
Seriously so many people constantly whine in this country about lions or elephants being killed yet don't care about the plight of the refugees in calais. I hate to break it to you but these animals are just that, animals, they aren't nice cuddly friends and would likely kill you if they got the chance. The reason poachers don't feel guilty is because these animals destroy their lands and kill their people. I'm fed up with this colonial attitude towards other countries treatment of animals from your cozy home in the west, get some perspective please instead of believing PETA
PROPAGANDA

LMAO
Reply 2
Seriously so many people constantly whine in this country about lions or elephants being killed yet don't care about the plight of the refugees in calais. I hate to break it to you but these animals are just that, animals, they aren't nice cuddly friends and would likely kill you if they got the chance. The reason poachers don't feel guilty is because these animals destroy their lands and kill their people. I'm fed up with this colonial attitude towards other countries treatment of animals from your cozy home in the west, get some perspective please instead of believing PETA PROPAGANDA

Where are you from OP?
Technically, people are animals, not animals being people:h:
Animals may not be sentient beings , but they still feel pain.
Animals are not attempting to commit crimes like those at Calais, who are attempting to illegally immigrate.
Reply 6
It's what happens when you live a life of no worry. Most people treat their family pets with more respect and care than they would treat any stranger.
Original post by Arkasia
It's what happens when you live a life of no worry. Most people treat their family pets with more respect and care than they would treat any stranger.

Well in fairness my pets have never wronged me in any way unlike the vast majority of people that surround me :redface:
Reply 8
The reason poachers don't feel guilty is because these animals destroy their lands and kill their people.

Yeah, and humans don't destroy their land and kill their families.

Animals feel pain like we do. There are humans who would very happily kill other humans given the chance. We are no different.
that sneaky edit :naughty:
:lol:
Best thread i ever seen in my entire life. @DanteTheDoorKnob
Original post by CoolCavy
Well in fairness my pets have never wronged me in any way unlike the vast majority of people that surround me :redface:

I would hope you extend the courtesy of forgiveness to those you deemed to have wronged you, as well as a sense of hope in redemption of humanity.
Original post by Arkasia
I would hope you extend the courtesy of forgiveness to those you deemed to have wronged you, as well as a sense of hope in redemption of humanity.

i forgive loads of people. if people are nice to me then i will be nice to them, however when people are daily bitches to me i have no time for it so why should they get my courtesy when they don't make the effort to apologise or respect the initial kindness i showed to them?
and lol humans are horrible.
Original post by CoolCavy
i forgive loads of people. if people are nice to me then i will be nice to them, however when people are daily bitches to me i have no time for it so why should they get my courtesy when they don't make the effort to apologise or respect the initial kindness i showed to them?
and lol humans are horrible.

The vast minority are horrible to you on a daily basis, so I refer you back to my original statement. And if it's not a minority who are horrible to you, then I would look at the common factor for reasons why that might happen. But sure, condemn the most advanced and deserving species for your forgiveness. Stick to guinea pigs who do nothing but eat and defecate. They are so much better.
Original post by samina_ay
Best thread i ever seen in my entire life. @DanteTheDoorKnob

:rofl:

idgaf about lions tbf except the whole curiosity thing, shouldn't place them above the lives of people, but my pets are like brothers or sisters, i'd kill any man responsible for their suffering.

I think that just because people care about animals does not mean they can't care about other humans too.
I think the real (sub)question is why do white people make out with their dogs?
Reply 17
We don't conform to your Islamic and sharia beliefs. I like animals and I'd rather have them than the filth going round Europe destroying and raping everything
I agree with this! People here seem to treat animals with so much care and respect, most of the time, they spend so much money on their pets. Sometimes, it is very excessive too. Sad that they sometimes treat some people with less care, attention and respect than their pets.
Original post by Arkasia
The vast minority are horrible to you on a daily basis, so I refer you back to my original statement. And if it's not a minority who are horrible to you, then I would look at the common factor for reasons why that might happen. But sure, condemn the most advanced and deserving species for your forgiveness. Stick to guinea pigs who do nothing but eat and defecate. They are so much better.

lol will do. After all when i'm crying my eyes out on my own and noone gives a **** the only thing that offers me any sort of comfort is my pigs.
and yes the common factor is me, well done. I realised that ages ago after a multitude of failed friendships. I am an over obsessive bitch i admit that but yet i try my best to remain polite and courteous to people but yet they continue to take the piss out of me, a lot of the time for things i can't help either such as my speech etc.
idk why you think people like that would be worth forgiveness. yet if they turned around tomorrow and apologised i would forgive them. as of yet however that hasn't been the case.
and yes guinea pigs are better, they actually calm my anxiety whereas humans continuously have a go at me or just make things 10x worse.
good day sir

Latest