The Student Room Group

Is transsexuality a mental disorder?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TrueDetective01
Ok, happy people with depression (mental disorder) will probably off themselves. They should obviously look for help and guidance.

They cannot possible be happy if their depression is what led them to kill themselves
There really are some disgusting people on this planet
Original post by cherryred90s
Why does anyone have to provide you with evidence?
We're free to have our beliefs. Doesn't need to be understood or accepted by you:s-smilie:

If people are trying to push their beliefs as fact and say that all other beliefs are wrong/stupid etc, they should be prepared to provide evidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlteredBoy
@TrueDetective01 be-marker">TrueDetective01ibTrueDetective01i that last comment is a prime example of why trans people commit suicide.

Why cant it be a mix of both. I might not have the physiology but my mental state and personality is masculine enough for it

Trans people commit suicide because of ignorance and hate? really? you are blaming your unhappiness on society?
@TrueDetective01 be-marker">TrueDetective01ibTrueDetective01i that last comment is a prime example of why trans people commit suicide.

Why cant it be a mix of both. I might not have the physiology but my mental state and personality is masculine enough for it

So you think you can define being a man by personality, like I said.

If telling the truth to people who are affected by a condition pushes them over the edge to kill themselves you are admitting they were close to the edge already for other reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cherryred90s
They cannot possible be happy if their depression is what led them to kill themselves

I know right, who knew :smile:
Original post by Moonstruck16
If people are trying to push their beliefs as fact and say that all other beliefs are wrong/stupid etc, they should be prepared to provide evidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He didn't push his beliefs and he also clearly stated that everything he said was his own opinion, not fact.
Original post by Moonstruck16

Why would a happy person kill themselves?
Trans people commit suicide because of ignorance and hate? really? you are blaming your unhappiness on society?

Why is it so hard to believe that sometimes other people can cause someone to commit suicide. Sometimes people who get bullied kill themselves. Its the same for some trans people where we experience people who are ignorant and hareful.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I will never understand why some people feel the need to force their hateful and unnecessary views on people knowing it will cause upset. Why can't people just mind their own business...
Original post by paul514
So you think you can define being a man by personality, like I said.

If telling the truth to people who are affected by a condition pushes them over the edge to kill themselves you are admitting they were close to the edge already for other reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not purely by personality, no.
Its not the truth and I sughedt you get that into your head.

I am a man. I was born with a male brain. Give me a brain scan and i'll prove it. We dont know a reason for it yet, but unfortunately I was not born with a male body. As a result, I suffer from gender dysphoria, a disorder that is diagnosable by the DSM. It does not make me delusional.
Original post by A-LJLB
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I will never understand why some people feel the need to force their hateful and unnecessary views on people knowing it will cause upset. Why can't people just mind their own business...

Ah right, not agreeing with things that fit the narrative. got it.

And please, don't ignore the fact that the suicide rate is high amongst these folks. They need to reach out and get the right help.
Ah right, not agreeing with things that fit the narrative. got it.

And please, don't ignore the fact that the suicide rate is high amongst these folks. They need to reach out and get the right help.

Since when did I mention anything to do with suicide rate or deny the need for help?

I am simply disagreeing with individuals who know what they say will upset people yet still publicly post it.
Reply 93
Transexuality is a disorder
Original post by A-LJLB
Since when did I mention anything to do with suicide rate or deny the need for help?

I am simply disagreeing with individuals who know what they say will upset people yet still publicly post it.

How is it upsetting when I am trying to address that there is an underlying problem in the trans community?

You can't just dust the problem under the carpet and hope it never resurfaces.
Original post by A-LJLB

I don't think anyone is approaching hate on this entire thread except maybe the god guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not purely by personality, no.
Its not the truth and I sughedt you get that into your head.

I am a man. I was born with a male brain. Give me a brain scan and i'll prove it. We dont know a reason for it yet, but unfortunately I was not born with a male body. As a result, I suffer from gender dysphoria, a disorder that is diagnosable by the DSM. It does not make me delusional.

There is no such thing as a male brain and there are plenty of stupid things in the dsm v shop lifting for profit is in there rather than just cleptomania

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
I don't think anyone is approaching hate on this entire thread except maybe the god guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because calling trans people delusional and telling me im a woman isnt hateful?
How is it upsetting when I am trying to address that there is an underlying problem in the trans community?

You can't just dust the problem under the carpet and hope it never resurfaces.

Sorry, when did I specifically address you?

I was pointing towards calling out trans* people as having a "problem". It is just unnecessary when people know it will upset individuals who have been through or are going through the experience.
Original post by paul514

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not hate, but yourself for example arguing with an individual who has accepted himself as male and you are telling him that he is wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending