The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by CoolCavy
Well in fairness my pets have never wronged me in any way unlike the vast majority of people that surround me :redface:

Don't listen to these scum bags. Animals do what they think naturally while humans kill, murder, spread violent ideologies (like OPs one) all for self motivation and such. Animals are far more deserving of kindness considering the **** humanity has put
them through.
Reply 21
Funny how it's a coincidence all those on this thread who insult animals belong to a certain ideology of peace. What good has it ever bought to this earth or this country that the left wingers bang on about?
lol will do. After all when i'm crying my eyes out on my own and noone gives a **** the only thing that offers me any sort of comfort is my pigs.
and yes the common factor is me, well done. I realised that ages ago after a multitude of failed friendships. I am an over obsessive bitch i admit that but yet i try my best to remain polite and courteous to people but yet they continue to take the piss out of me, a lot of the time for things i can't help either such as my speech etc.
idk why you think people like that would be worth forgiveness. yet if they turned around tomorrow and apologised i would forgive them. as of yet however that hasn't been the case.
and yes guinea pigs are better, they actually calm my anxiety whereas humans continuously have a go at me or just make things 10x worse.
good day sir

Seems like the main problem is your self-esteem, and not your personality, or other people. I doubt you're an 'over obsessive bitch', you just react strongly to other people, which is normal. Again, I think these people you're dealing with are the vast minority of people surrounding you, and the effect it's having makes it seem orders of magnitude larger. I think almost all people deserve forgiveness, especially the ones who we don't want to forgive (what's the point forgiving someone you don't need to?) Humans have an equal capacity for kindness as they do cruelty, and neither extreme is present in other animals.

We attribute these things to our pets because we grow to love them and think the best of them, but the reality is that humans are far more needing and deserving of our attention. I hope you have someone human to talk to about these problems, hopefully a professional. I understand, I really do, but I don't think you should give up hope in your own species yet.
Original post by Arkasia
Seems like the main problem is your self-esteem, and not your personality, or other people. I doubt you're an 'over obsessive bitch', you just react strongly to other people, which is normal. Again, I think these people you're dealing with are the vast minority of people surrounding you, and the effect it's having makes it seem orders of magnitude larger. I think almost all people deserve forgiveness, especially the ones who we don't want to forgive (what's the point forgiving someone you don't need to?) Humans have an equal capacity for kindness as they do cruelty, and neither extreme is present in other animals.

We attribute these things to our pets because we grow to love them and think the best of them, but the reality is that humans are far more needing and deserving of our attention. I hope you have someone human to talk to about these problems, hopefully a professional. I understand, I really do, but I don't think you should give up hope in your own species yet.

i would actually agree with all of that :smile: well said tbh :shakehand:
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
:rofl:

idgaf about lions tbf except the whole curiosity thing, shouldn't place them above the lives of people, but my pets are like brothers or sisters, i'd kill any man responsible for their suffering.

Aww haha - fair enough
Original post by intelligent con
Seriously so many people constantly whine in this country about lions or elephants being killed yet don't care about the plight of the refugees in calais. I hate to break it to you but these animals are just that, animals, they aren't nice cuddly friends and would likely kill you if they got the chance. The reason poachers don't feel guilty is because these animals destroy their lands and kill their people. I'm fed up with this colonial attitude towards other countries treatment of animals from your cozy home in the west, get some perspective please instead of believing PETA PROPAGANDA

k den
Seriously so many people constantly whine in this country about lions or elephants being killed yet don't care about the plight of the refugees in calais. I hate to break it to you but these animals are just that, animals, they aren't nice cuddly friends and would likely kill you if they got the chance. The reason poachers don't feel guilty is because these animals destroy their lands and kill their people. I'm fed up with this colonial attitude towards other countries treatment of animals from your cozy home in the west, get some perspective please instead of believing PETA PROPAGANDA
me, I treat objects like women.
Reply 27
You "people" expect us to choose violent criminals who won't validate themselves, who subscribe to a barbaric ideology and who have shown themselves to not conform to the law, over our own pets, yeh good luck, id let all those at Calais die rather than my pets
Original post by alkaline.
I think the real (sub)question is why do white people make out with their dogs?

Lmaooooooooo
I hate the fact that you have 7 reps. There is absolutely nothing wrong with caring for the animals of our world. Just like we should care for our environment, and our local ecosystems.

Why is "caring" a finite resource for you? One cannot care about both animals and refugees? Do you also think that we shouldn't be concerned with homelessness, because the plight of the refugees is so much worse?

Give over love. It sickens me that you think poaching is acceptable.

Wild animals avoid people and cause a tiny amount of deaths compared to the deaths caused my humans to animals or humans to humans.

Immigrants pose a far greater risk to the people of the UK than animals. Animals are not trying to change our way of life and are not going around draining resources and raping women. They are transparent, they act how they feel and will not bitch or lie.

Animals aren't c*nts, you on the other hand most certainly are.
Original post by Arkasia
The vast minority are horrible to you on a daily basis, so I refer you back to my original statement. And if it's not a minority who are horrible to you, then I would look at the common factor for reasons why that might happen. But sure, condemn the most advanced and deserving species for your forgiveness. Stick to guinea pigs who do nothing but eat and defecate. They are so much better.

Which species is sucking the world dry of all its natural resources? Which species is pulling the world closer and closer to the disastrous impact of climate change?

Which species is more "intelligent", one that cohabits peacefully with its natural environment, or one that wouldn't rest until it's destroyed?

Perhaps you should also try and consider the word "intelligence" without falling guilty of anthropomorphism. Because unfortunately you are coming across no better than a rodent yourself mate.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Twinpeaks
I hate the fact that you have 7 reps. There is absolutely nothing wrong with caring for the animals of our world. Just like we should care for our environment, and our local ecosystems.

Why is "caring" a finite resource for you? One cannot care about both animals and refugees? Do you also think that we shouldn't be concerned with homelessness, because the plight of the refugees is so much worse?

Give over love. It sickens me that you think poaching is acceptable.

Judging by everyone who has agreed with him so far, it is just the isoc society come out in full force, so don't worry
Reply 33
I find it strange how you guys from isoc claim humans are the greatest and you are so far up the *** of humanity yet it's humanity destroying the planet and animals Allah created, great humans are arnet they

A lot of humans would kill/harm you if they got the chance, including I daresay some refugees, so that's hardly a great argument. The fact is that humans are animals, humans have no special value beyond an enhanced capacity to feel psychological suffering, and as such its illogical and unscientific to claim that we should have any special place in moral terms based on any kind of empirical data.

I've met a fair few refugees from Calais incidentally through volunteer work, they are for the most part perfectly pleasant people as it goes, but I don't see why we can't look out for their welfare and for animal welfare at the same time. Meanwhile you are presumably doing neither, just chauvinistically ranting. I hate to break it to you, but some humans are vile scumbags who don't deserve to live on this planet and are really not worth speaking up for.

Meanwhile animals, whilst largely 'amoral' in the sense of not understanding the difference between right and wrong, thus don't know any better when they do something wrong and never act out of evil intentions, they are just out to survive. I think the least we can do is respect the fact that they have a capacity for physical suffering the same as we do, and, without going out of our way, live and let live.

Also, this is hardly a 'cozy Western' attitude, respect for animals exists in many areas of the world and did not originate in Europe. Many hunter gatherer tribes believe that animals are the spirits of their ancestors and thus respect them and only harm them for purposes of survival as far as is reasonable. And of course much of Asia practices Hinduism or its variants Buddhism and Jainism, which preach respect for animals and minimisation of animal suffering. In fact, most of the world's population live in places where there is a majority feeling or dominant religious doctrine to the effect that animals must be respected and protected as far as is reasonably possible outside the contexts of food production and vermin infestations.

It's actually largely a European idea that humans have monopolised the status of 'sacred cow' at the expense of animals, since it was the Christian faith which first entrenched the idea of universal human brotherhood. Previous to Jesus, there was arguably no real distinction between humans and animals: 'humans' were your own family, tribe and other ingroup members: everyone else could be tortured and murdered at leisure and were not considered valuable in any way beyond in economic terms. This was most apparent in Ancient Rome and Greece, with the slave trade and the persecution of the Helots in Sparta. And indeed even after Christianity became entrenched in Europe, people seemed to forget this and killed each other anyway: if you murdered certain categories of person in Medieval England you could often get off scot free by paying their 'were-gilt', a kind of compensation payment to their family for the money they lost by their relation's death.) And if you murdered people of another religion, especially Islam, you were likely to be rewarded heavily.
I realised that ages ago after a multitude of failed friendships. I am an over obsessive bitch i admit that

Calling yourself a bitch is a bit harsh. You're one of the most lovely and kind people on tsr.
There's always going to be people who don't like you regardless as how nice you are so ignore them and get on with your life
here i am thinking this post is about brits and pets and why people treat them like their babies, i was all ready to share my experience with my chicken best friends :rofl:
Reply 37
Original post by Prince_fancybum
Calling yourself a bitch is a bit harsh. You're one of the most lovely and kind people on tsr.
There's always going to be people who don't like you regardless as how nice you are so ignore them and get on with your life

PRSOM
Original post by sfaraj
here i am thinking this post is about brits and pets and why people treat them like their babies, i was all ready to share my experience with my chicken best friends :rofl:

What sort of chickens do you keep
I'm not sure what that is
Original post by Omen96
PRSOM

Latest