The Student Room Group

Help😪

I'm trying my hardest to achieve an A* orA in my maths exam I revise for 4 hours a day and sit multiple past papers but only seem to get high B and am always a couple of marks of an A it's been like this for weeks and I'm not sure how to progress? The exam in question is Cambridge IGCSE any tips would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Bitsy
I'm trying my hardest to achieve an A* orA in my maths exam I revise for 4 hours a day and sit multiple past papers but only seem to get high B and am always a couple of marks of an A it's been like this for weeks and I'm not sure how to progress? The exam in question is Cambridge IGCSE any tips would be appreciated :smile:

Try the Edexcel IGCSE, much better imo.
Reply 2
Original post by _Xenon_
Try the Edexcel IGCSE, much better imo.

I cant change as i am home ed which means i Have to do the maths myself and can't do coursework Cambridge only offers a course without coursework. And I'm already entered 😣
Reply 3
Original post by Bitsy
I cant change as i am home ed which means i Have to do the maths myself and can't do coursework Cambridge only offers a course without coursework. And I'm already entered 😣

Coursework for maths, never heard of that. Well the IGCSE for edexcel is linear anyway.
Ah if you're already entered you need to identify your weak areas. Analyse the past papers and see where you lose marks and don't make those same mistakes again. Learn any topics you don't know.

See this: http://www.explainingmaths.com/

Good luck.
Reply 4
Original post by _Xenon_
Coursework for maths, never heard of that. Well the IGCSE for edexcel is linear anyway.
Ah if you're already entered you need to identify your weak areas. Analyse the past papers and see where you lose marks and don't make those same mistakes again. Learn any topics you don't know.

See this: http://www.explainingmaths.com/

Good luck.

Thanks! That website is amazing!!🙌🙌😊
Reply 5
Original post by Bitsy
Thanks! That website is amazing!!🙌🙌😊

No problem :h:

Quick Reply

Latest