The Student Room Group

How do people use shower gels?

Bit of a random thought, but how do people apply use shower gel/cream?

Personally, I squeeze some on my hand, rub it all over my body and then rinse off. Don't know how the conversation got to this, but I told my gym mate, and he was like, 'What you don't use a sponge or something to rub the gel on your body?? And you don't physically rub the water all over your body with your hand/sponge to make sure the soap and dirt is properly scrubbed off??'

It made me think, have I been doing it wrong my whole life? Doesn't everyone rub the gel/cream with their hand all over their body and then rinse by just letting the shower water hose off the soap while you're standing under it? Does this not properly get the shower gel and dirt off?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
nah fam all about a spongey thingy idk what theyre called
Original post by lunnndoner

Personally, I squeeze some on my hand, rub it all over my body and then rinse off. Don't know how the conversation got to this, but I told my gym mate, and he was like, 'What you don't use a sponge or something to rub the gel on your body?? And you don't physically rub the water all over your body with your hand/sponge to make sure the soap and dirt is properly scrubbed off??'

It made me think, have I been doing it wrong my whole life? Doesn't everyone rub the gel/cream with their hand all over their body and then rinse by just letting the shower water hose off the soap while you're standing under it? Does this not properly get the shower gel and dirt off?

I use a shower pouf, put shower gel on it, rub self.
Reply 3
Original post by Rabadon
nah fam all about a spongey thingy idk what theyre called

Original post by Dinasaurus
I use a shower pouf, put shower gel on it, rub self.

What do you do for the rinsing part?

do you physically scrub the soap off, or do you just hose it off with the shower water head?
What do you do for the rinsing part?

do you physically scrub the soap off, or do you just hose it off with the shower water head?

I stand under the shower, water is always falling on me.
Apply a little to each part of body, rub it around with my hands!
Let the shower rinse me off.
Reply 6

I do the same or pour some onto a backbrush
I find sponges, brushes, loofahs etc. a bit unhygienic considering most people don't put give them a thorough wash after each use. I've got big callussy man-hands anyway so they're scrubby enough :lol:

To hide their true pheromones from unwanted romantic attention, why else?
I squeeze some for each part of the body then I make sure I scrub well until squeaky clean then rinse with water then repeat if needed.
Original post by RivalPlayer
The naked women in shower adverts use their bare hands
That's how you use it.

You use a lot more that way.

I tried using just my hands before and you need to keep putting more on. Now I have a pouf (I think they're called) and a tiny bit will do my whole body.
Reply 11
I just shove myself inside the container. It's more easier.
I put it on my body brush, scrub into my skin, then rinse out?
Reply 13
I squeeze the gel onto my hands, rub it all over my body with my hands, then just let the shower rinse it off.
I use my bare hands lol. I used to use a scrubber thing those round netted things and found a spider in it. Never used it again lol 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
I use a scrubby, or pouf, or whatever you want to call it, squidge it around a bit to lather it up and then scrub. Using something like a sponge or scrubby to produce a lather means you use much less of it because the foam is easier to spread than the pure shower gel.
If you're a seriously hairy person then the hair probably does a pretty good job of lathering, like with shampoo.
Original post by lexysworld
I use my bare hands lol. I used to use a scrubber thing those round netted things and found a spider in it. Never used it again lol 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh God, I'm gonna be checking it constantly now! :afraid:
soap ftw
same as you.

I use my hands. Those bathroom stuff would be an infestation of bacteria.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply