The Student Room Group

Graphing question

Is it possible to sketch a function like 2x/(x^2 + 3) easily? without the table method.

It's not an improper fraction like x/x+3, so you can't split it with long division and then sketch it easily.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SaadKaleem
Is it possible to sketch a function like 2x/(x^2 + 3) easily? without the table method.

It's not an improper fraction like x/x+3, so you can't split it with long division and then sketch it easily.

Things to check
Any asymtotes, any limits, oblique aysmptotes? When is it increasing/decreasing and any local maxima? Concave up or down on a range?
When function is 0 if ever zero.
Just evaluating these points and a few other things quickly gives you the graph easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Odd function.
Reply 3
y-intercept, also.
Reply 4
Original post by physicsmaths
Things to check
Any asymtotes, any limits, oblique aysmptotes? When is it increasing/decreasing and any local maxima? Concave up or down on a range?
When function is 0 if ever zero.
Just evaluating these points and a few other things quickly gives you the graph easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Zacken
y-intercept, also.

Thank you, I'll consider these points and try out questions and ask y'all if I face any problems. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by SaadKaleem
Thank you, I'll consider these points and try out questions and ask y'all if I face any problems. :smile:

Cheers
Original post by Zacken
Cheers

Lad if ur free go to the Unit 4 physics thread and see if u can help me out on a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by physicsmaths
Lad if ur free go to the Unit 4 physics thread and see if u can help me out on a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll have a look
Original post by Zacken
I'll have a look

Cheers blud. Its a short one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest