The Student Room Group

I'm more than just a number - Story of a french med student who failed and raised up

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
You seem to have watched an awful lot of American cartoons for a French person. :tongue:

Spoiler

Yeah I used to love them , instead of french cartoons lol

Spoiler

Original post by FrenchUnicorn

Spoiler

#CulturalImperialismFTW. :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman
#CulturalImperialismFTW. :biggrin:

Spoiler

Hehehe :innocent:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hehehe :innocent:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

weirdly enough when growing up I used to like oggy and the cockroaches, totally spies and Martin Mystère
Original post by quasa
weirdly enough when growing up I used to like oggy and the cockroaches, totally spies and Martin Mystère

:lol: :lol: Of course I watched them too , but Idk I prefer american cartoons :P
I like the song !! And it's usually not my type :colondollar: thank you :hugs:

Not a problem, if you need another one.

You've got my link.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:lol: :lol: Of course I watched them too , but Idk I prefer american cartoons :P

i personally prefer anime to american cartoons but there are some good ones
To learn french I suggest you to get the app duolingo ! And also if you can start to hear some french music everyday, it will help a lot !! (Stromae, Louane, Indila, Shym.. )
And when you'll be a bit more experimented you could start to watch your movies in french ! (Not neccesarily a french one, you can pick a random english movie and settle it in french WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES) but not now, you need to learn basic french at the moment :yep:

taxi serie tre bien
Original post by quasa
i personally prefer anime to american cartoons but there are some good ones

Anime are life :ahee:
Original post by quasa
taxi serie tre bien

Très* :3
Anime are life :ahee:

Très* :3

merci frenchi (I have no idea how to add french letters to anglais keyboard - also I havent spoken francais in 11 ans but remember bits and pieces)
Original post by quasa
merci frenchi (I have no idea how to add french letters to anglais keyboard - also I havent spoken francais in 11 ans but remember bits and pieces)

De rien ^.^
And it's okay :3
Hello everyone! :wavey:

I've just had to bin quite a few posts because they were talking about moderation. Can I remind everyone that such behaviour isn't OK and if anyone has moderation queries, they should post in AtCT.

Cheers!
Ethan
Original post by iEthan

I've just had to bin quite a few posts because they were talking about moderation. Can I remind everyone that such behaviour isn't OK and if anyone has moderation queries, they should post in AtCT.

Cheers!
Ethan

Understood. Thanks

As I said before.

Credits to AngryJellyfish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iEthan

Cheers!
Ethan

So annoying :rolleyes:
Hi guys ! It's been a while :heart: I still have exams but I thought I would do a blog post.

Today it's about people who fail. Who are they ? How do they feel ? What do they do ?
Because now you know, "failing" medicine in France is common. Ask someone "what do you study" and a lot of them will actually reply "I study X, but I failed medicine before". This is true. And sad. Because what happens when like 75% of students don't have a place in either med, pharma, dentistery, physio and midwifery ?

What happens ?
They're lost. We are lost. There are a few categories of people. Those who actually do not care, they are up to go anywhere, and it's fine. At least that's what they think. Let's call them Type 1.

Type 2 now. Type 2 are truly lost. Because they are not brave enough to go abroad, but they don't know anymore what to do in life. So they go to see a .. Careers adviser ? I mean this person who is supposed to help you find the right course for you.

Type 3. Type 3 are dedicated. I am type 3. Type 3 are ready to everything, to go abroad, to give up their whole life. All of this for the same dream. Type 3 are broken persons. Type 3 are scared. But type 3 will never give up.

Type 1.
Let's talk about my ex school, it'll be more simple, but it's everywhere else the same thing.So, type 1 are like "I failed ? Whatever ! I'll do a biology course." Because we have a weird system, people who did not succeed med but "validated" the year can go to year 2 of a biology course. (Succeeding the year means being one of the best, so like 13-14/20 of average ; validating is getting at least 10/20)
So this is kinda good right ? People failed somewhere else but they keep going, biology is good ! But it's not as simple as it seems. Not at all.
Ex med students in a biology course are very patronized, not even by the students, but by the teachers. They're like "an ex med student AGAIN *sigh*" I am not exagerating, it happens all the time.What is the other problem ?
The other problem is like +50% of ex med students go to a bio course, because the selection isn't as hard as med. But at the end of the studies , who gets a job ? Not a lot of them. Not a lot at all.

Type 1 are lost again. Again. And again.

Type 2.
Type 2 are in existential crisis, they don't know what to do, they need a careers adviser. They ask ask you about your hobbies/grades and stuff like that to find the right course for you. The problem with the careers adviser, is that they hate ex med students.
Because being ex med student is a very particular and complicated case. Those who go to a councellor end up in a biology course, most of them did it because they had no other choice, some of them hate it. But they do it anyway, because what can they do ?

Type 2 are lost. Again. And again.

Type 3.
Type 3 apply abroad and are ready to give up on their life. We type 3, are scared as well. Because even of we are ready to do so, it is not that simple to give up on your life. On your family. Your city. Your friends.
When you actually loved your life so much, that you think you were happy. You really thought so. Then you failed. Everything crashed down, and you realise you'll never be happy if you don't realise your dream.You make sacrifices. You leave everything behind. You are already crying anyway, so you just do it.
You don't need a lot of time to decide, you just apply abroad. And you wait. You wait. You wait for your fate.
Your future is blurred, you don't know where you'll end up, you just want to realise your dream. You're French. Born and raised here. But you've been thrown out of your own country.

Type 3 are lost. Again. And again.

When you're a type 3, when you see your type2/3 friends, you wonder why the educational system made you both a number and a "type". You wonder where you are, where you going.
You wonder where has gone the human being who used to be inside.

Wait, 15% did not fail right ?
Indeed. And a lot of them will be very good doctors. Not all of them. Because they never had to go through an interview to pass. No one will ever check if they're good enough in social interactions to become good doctors.
So sometimes, you have to deal with a bad doctor. Who can ruin your life with a misdiagnosis. It almost happened to me.

I am very angry at the French educational system. Do you realise how many of us, students, are actually lost and scared EVERY ****ING YEAR ?! Maybe you realise. But our government does not. Government does not care anyway.

And that's why if I ever get in a med school abroad, I'll never come back. France is losing its citizens.

France is losing.

Sorry this post is a bit more political than usual. Anyway, thanks for reading it :h: Idk yet what next time will be about, see you soon :heart:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
x

Nice to read one of your blog posts again Frenchie, I missed them :lovehug:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending