The Student Room Group

Pensioner, 77, told mother in hijab: 'You look like you're about to b0mb the place'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Youngmetro
Im good, swearing doesnt mean im getting emo lmaooo

I thought it was :s-smilie:
Nobody seems too look at it from a gender perspective. When videos surfaced on the internet of women verbally abusing brown males on public transport, the men always seemed to laugh it off like it was nothing. Women (and this woman is no different) would go to a person in position of power to complain or whatnot
I dont see the point in arguing with you. You're confused and lost.

Not confused at all.
**** this thread, there are some delusional fools who think this isnt even racial abuse.

Idiots who actually understand what words mean?
Reply 24
Why is this news? Everyone is so bloody soft.
**** this thread, there are some delusional fools who think this isnt even racial abuse.

By that token, your post above is racial abuse.

Race means your breed like Caucasian or Black. Where did the pensioner mention her breed? A religion is not a race.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i defend the pensioner's right to say that. from his point of view, maybe its a valid fear, especially if the women is speaking arabic and looking shifty. if he fought, i am sure he didnt defeat hitler to see that on our streets
Reply 27
The hijab and burka should be banned
Original post by neal95
i defend the pensioner's right to say that. from his point of view, maybe its a valid fear, especially if the women is speaking arabic and looking shifty. if he fought, i am sure he didnt defeat hitler to see that on our streets

How many blokes do you know called Barbara?
Reply 29
I dont see the point in arguing with you. You're confused and lost.

Im good, swearing doesnt mean im getting emo lmaooo

I do wonder if a woman can go to say Saudi Arabia and be allowed to not wear a hijab, what's your opinion on that?
It's a symptom of a wider and much more serious problem, anti-muslim bigotry.
Your religion should not be a blanket excuse, or protection from criticism.
Breaking news: Old person has bigoted views. Next up, the Pope practices Catholicism.
I see. I guess I'm sorry her feelings got hurt? :dontknow:

My grandmother is similarly racist. Bless her.
Just last month we had a London man humming the batman theme tune at a woman in a Burka... Now we have a pensioner, a guardian and educator of our society saying somebody looks like they are about to bomb the place.

This Islamophobia has quickly surpassed any small and minor bad things Islam has done in this country and is clearly the biggest threat to us all. I am surprised that strong woman being abused wasnt driven to actually blow herself up right there on the spot given the hideous level of abuse she received
Reply 35
Christ shes nearly as old as Ken Livingstone, leave her alone.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
I see. I guess I'm sorry her feelings got hurt? :dontknow:

My grandmother is similarly racist. Bless her.

Difference being that anti-muslim bigotry in the UK is pretty much a recent phenomenon. The roots of racism on the other hand stretch deep into the more regressive eras of the past.
Can't say **** these days without going to court how pathetic

I bet these old people are wishing they fought for the other side during WW2 because I'm sure if things turned out differently we wouldn't be in the mess we are today

A total betrayal has taken place
They really made a criminal case out of this? So some old lady said something bigoted. So what? Would she have been criminally charged for saying something offensive about a nun, for example? I think this is another example of the UK being a tad overzealous in protecting certian religious demographics.

it's idiots like you that make it impossible to talk about such issues on this forum.

It was a valid question. There wasn't any racial abuse. The woman wasn't even charged with racial abuse. Insulting someone and their religious garb isn't an attack on their racial characteristics; it's an attack on their religious beliefs.
I'm sorry but how is this racial abuse?
HOW

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending