The Student Room Group

Geography Help!

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Geography-A/2009/Exam%20materials/5GA1H_01_que_20150519.pdf

Question 1B. I've done past papers before and similar questions like this come up and I get it wrong, how do you do it? :smile: **Map is on the last page**
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
First you would need to find the distance key to know the relative distance to a length that fits that map.After that you would need to compare the length and compare it to the distance from Holt station to Weybourne station.
Reply 2
Original post by Hawke0210
First you would need to find the distance key to know the relative distance to a length that fits that map.After that you would need to compare the length and compare it to the distance from Holt station to Weybourne station.

For every 2CM=1KM
So I measured the distance between Holt station and Weybourne Station with my ruler
I got 7.5 cm
I did 7.5/2 = 3.75
I rounded 3.75 to 3.8 which is the right answer (range 3.8-4.2)
Is this the right way to do it, it seems a bit long.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by SmallTown
For every 2CM=2KM
So I measured the distance between Hold station and Weybourne Station with my ruler
I got 7.5 cm
I did 7.5/2 = 3.75
I rounded 3.75 to 3.8 which is the right answer (range 3.8-4.2)
Is this the right way to do it, it seems a bit long.

Every 2CM=1KM
Also because it isn't a straight line and the track doesn't go through each of the squares completely such a cutting through corners it would also effect the length.
Reply 4
Original post by Hawke0210
Every 2CM=1KM
Also because it isn't a straight line and the track doesn't go through each of the squares completely such a cutting through corners it would also effect the length.

Thank you :h:

Quick Reply

Latest