The Student Room Group

My GF says my lecturer fancies me.... I kind of hope she does.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgiaswift
Unfortunately not. His girlfriend has kids so he's staying in the relationship so he doesn't upset them, even though he's unhappy and wants to fool around with other girls.

I see how I missed it as he doesnt disclose till post 9.

Imo he needs to be honest and move on. They arent his kids, but he's also shown he has no interest in his gf. Think the gf deserves the truth and she probably suspects anyway. She might even have pointed it out wanting reassurance.
Unfortunately not. His girlfriend has kids so he's staying in the relationship so he doesn't upset them, even though he's unhappy and wants to fool around with other girls.

I love the simplicity there. I just want to 'fool around with other girls.' Complete misrepresentaion. I haven't 'fooled around' with girls for years. I'm not just deciding to mess about and wreck peoples lives after very little thought. This is a proccess that seems to have been judged negatively before I've even done anything. Judged by people who's longest relationship probably lasted as long as my last crap. Its complicated, so don't simplify it.
Original post by Anonymous
I love the simplicity there. I just want to 'fool around with other girls.' Complete misrepresentaion. I haven't 'fooled around' with girls for years. I'm not just deciding to mess about and wreck peoples lives after very little thought. This is a proccess that seems to have been judged negatively before I've even done anything. Judged by people who's longest relationship probably lasted as long as my last crap. Its complicated, so don't simplify it.

I didn't say you have done anything, I said you want to, which is true. You're complaining that your girlfriend is keeping you from being happy, so it's best to move on and find someone who makes you happy, and to let her find someone who loves her the way she loves them. She almost definitely suspects something, which is why she brought it up in the first place. It's not fair to stay in a relationship just because of her kids, and it's not fair to stay in a relationship just so you don't hurt her or them.

Also, I didn't realise your craps last several years, and that you've been on multiple holidays with said crap, and that you're looking at getting a house and getting an engagement with said crap. That's not healthy and you should probably see a doctor :smile:
Original post by Blondie987
Tbh regardless of whether or not she actually does fancy you, don't you think your gf deserves better than you pining for attention from other women??

Don't you think he deserves someone better than a gf who already has kids with someone else though? All that baggage when OP's pretty young himself doesn't seem fair imo. OP, she definitely sounds interested. Go for it :smile:
I didn't say you have done anything, I said you want to, which is true. You're complaining that your girlfriend is keeping you from being happy, so it's best to move on and find someone who makes you happy, and to let her find someone who loves her the way she loves them. She almost definitely suspects something, which is why she brought it up in the first place. It's not fair to stay in a relationship just because of her kids, and it's not fair to stay in a relationship just so you don't hurt her or them.

Also, I didn't realise your craps last several years, and that you've been on multiple holidays with said crap, and that you're looking at getting a house and getting an engagement with said crap. That's not healthy and you should probably see a doctor :smile:

Haha! Touche. I apologise for getting annoyed and presuming. I hate it when people do that myself. The point is, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do or even really how I feel. Relationships with lots of complications tend to be complicated. Maybe they shouldn't be ideally, but the whole idea of 'simple love' is usualy reserved for the young. Hence my frustration and perhaps even jealousy of not having that outlook anymore.
Reply 45
Original post by WoodyMKC
I've always been more into brunettes personally, but I'm not fussy. Certain hair colours suit some people better than others.

Nah man, this is going back a good few years, I'm in my mid 20s now :lol:

Find her man!!! :biggrin:
Don't you love your gf anymore? How will she feel if you dump her for your lecturer? It could also complicate things, she is your lecturer and if things didn't work out, you'd have to still see her at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samzy21
Don't you love your gf anymore? How will she feel if you dump her for your lecturer? It could also complicate things, she is your lecturer and if things didn't work out, you'd have to still see her at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I do love her. I would never want to hurt her, but we can never 100% say that someone else isn't going to come along and change how we feel. Its not like I'd just jump into bed with any random girl just to get my rocks off. Anybody with the best of intentions can get caught out by a girl (or guy) who fits perfectly with their personality. Its actually bad when it happens, in a way. It complicates things. The grass isn't always greener on the other side though...
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, I do love her. I would never want to hurt her, but we can never 100% say that someone else isn't going to come along and change how we feel. Its not like I'd just jump into bed with any random girl just to get my rocks off. Anybody with the best of intentions can get caught out by a girl (or guy) who fits perfectly with their personality. Its actually bad when it happens, in a way. It complicates things. The grass isn't always greener on the other side though...

I think you need to have a think about this and concentrate on your studies for now as there are children involved and you love your gf. I understand a person's feelings can change so maybe you will feel differently tomorrow or whenever. Maybe you should talk to your gf to see what she thinks about your relationship and what the future may hold for you both. You've built a good family together. If you split up now, you may never get that again. If you stay together, it could be a mistake the longer you wait. Only time will tell but it's your life at the end of the day so it's up to you. Just do what you feel is right. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending