The Student Room Group

It's my birthday and I'm not revising

Is that bad? I feel so guilty. My exams start on the 9th June. But this is the first day in a long time that I have done nothing at all - I even revised on Christmas Day.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Platopus
Is that bad? I feel so guilty. My exams start on the 9th June. But this is the first day in a long time that I have done nothing at all - I even revised on Christmas Day.

My exams are in 4 days and I am not revising that much...
You have got to take some days off :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by Jeff548
My exams are in 4 days and I am not revising that much...

4 days? Good luck. Are you retaking AS?

It's ok and it's only a day. Happy Birthday!! 🎂🎉🍰
Reply 5
Original post by zXcodeXz
It's ok and it's only a day. Happy Birthday!! 🎂🎉🍰

Thank you :smile: actually I only did a bit yesterday because I went out with my friends in the evening so it's more like 1.5 days.
Thank you :smile: actually I only did a bit yesterday because I went out with my friends in the evening so it's more like 1.5 days.

I'm not revising and my exam is on Tuesday 😂😂
Reply 7
I'm not revising and my exam is on Tuesday 😂😂

Oh good luck! That's super early.
Oh good luck! That's super early.

Yeah because it's GCSE English language, what subjects are you doing?
:party:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :party:
:jive: :jive: :jive:

Hope you have an amazing day!!!!

Spoiler

Happy birthday.
Reply 11
Yeah because it's GCSE English language, what subjects are you doing?

Oh right! I'm sitting my A2s: English lit, history and philosophy.
Reply 12
Original post by CleverSquirrel
:party:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :party:
:jive: :jive: :jive:

don't revise- it's your birthday, go and have fun and eat tonnes of cake!!!! :yep:

Hehe thank you - and I plan to!
Oh right! I'm sitting my A2s: English lit, history and philosophy.

Oh good luck! What university are you hoping to go to?
Reply 14
Oh good luck! What university are you hoping to go to?

Thank you. My firm is Cambridge (A*AA) and my insurance is Durham (AAA). Both for philosophy.
Happy birthday Plato
I haven't been revising much for the last 3 weeks or so because of family circumstances so don't worry :smile: I didn't revise on my birthday either, and it was on the 19th... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :biggrin:
Thank you. My firm is Cambridge (A*AA) and my insurance is Durham (AAA). Both for philosophy.

Nice what does firm and insurance mean? Sorry I'm not doing a levels yet that's why
Reply 18
Nice what does firm and insurance mean? Sorry I'm not doing a levels yet that's why

Basically, you apply to 5 universities and they either reject you or give you an offer to study there, providing you achieve certain grades. Once you have all your offers, you select one as your "firm" meaning that if you achieve the grades specified in their offer, you will go there. You also select an "insurance" whose offer will specify lower grades. If you miss the grades required by your firm, but meet the grades of your insurance choice, you will go there instead. So, if I can get A*AA I will go to Cambridge. If I get AAA I will go to Durham. If I get lower than AAA I will go to neither!
Basically, you apply to 5 universities and they either reject you or give you an offer to study there, providing you achieve certain grades. Once you have all your offers, you select one as your "firm" meaning that if you achieve the grades specified in their offer, you will go there. You also select an "insurance" whose offer will specify lower grades. If you miss the grades required by your firm, but meet the grades of your insurance choice, you will go there instead. So, if I can get A*AA I will go to Cambridge. If I get AAA I will go to Durham. If I get lower than AAA I will go to neither!

Oh ok, I hope you do get in Cambridge!!

Quick Reply

Latest