The Student Room Group

how to get a B in maths?

does anyone know how I can get a B in maths? I learnt mostly every grade from D to A*. But is there a certain things I have to know?
Try doing every past paper there is?
Just practice
Reply 3
Original post by ao_no_exorcist21
Just practice

yeah ive done every past paper up to 2008, the papers from 2008-2014 I managed to get B and A's on them, but as ffor the 2015 the paper is much harder the others as it it why im retaking maths
Reply 5

thank u so much:smile:
GCSE, AS or A2?
Original post by sali__x
yeah ive done every past paper up to 2008, the papers from 2008-2014 I managed to get B and A's on them, but as ffor the 2015 the paper is much harder the others as it it why im retaking maths

Maybe look for harder level question packs? with maths it's about how you look at the problem so learning stuff won't really be a big thing cause it's more on application of what you've learnt
do loads of past papers- the structure of questions are still the same basically throughout the whole paper (assuming you do edexcel) eg: it will most likely start with percentages or a numbers one, then halfway through there will be a page of algebraic formulas to rearrange etc and at the end it'll be the big topics like vectors, circle theorems, probability trees etc

make sure you have enough time esp to do the last few questions which are worth a lot of marks

get your teacher to go through stuff you dont get on the past papers that you're doing or ask someone else
Reply 9
Original post by callumhowieson
GCSE, AS or A2?

gcse
Reply 10
Original post by tinawu
do loads of past papers- the structure of questions are still the same basically throughout the whole paper (assuming you do edexcel) eg: it will most likely start with percentages or a numbers one, then halfway through there will be a page of algebraic formulas to rearrange etc and at the end it'll be the big topics like vectors, circle theorems, probability trees etc

make sure you have enough time esp to do the last few questions which are worth a lot of marks

get your teacher to go through stuff you dont get on the past papers that you're doing or ask someone else

yeah im doing that, cuz the teacher knows me well and he thinks I can get a B in maths cuz my maths is really strong at this stage
Original post by sali__x
yeah im doing that, cuz the teacher knows me well and he thinks I can get a B in maths cuz my maths is really strong at this stage

If I stated year 10 in a D grade and now im solidly on A grade literally anythings possible,you can certainly even get an A grade if u give it ur all
Reply 12
Get a tutor
annoy your teacher, go and see them every single day with questions, past papers to mark and general maths problems that you need help with
do every past paper in your exam board!
Get your teacher to sit with you and go through past papers with you!
Reply 13
Original post by Waveyalex
If I stated year 10 in a D grade and now im solidly on A grade literally anythings possible,you can certainly even get an A grade if u give it ur all

wow that's really good
Reply 14
Original post by Het98
Get a tutor
annoy your teacher, go and see them every single day with questions, past papers to mark and general maths problems that you need help with
do every past paper in your exam board!
Get your teacher to sit with you and go through past papers with you!

that's a good idea, I will sure do that
As my maths teacher says "Maths is a doing Subject"
Reply 16
Original post by BTREDinnick
As my maths teacher says "Maths is a doing Subject"

yes maths is a subject were u have to always practise it

Quick Reply

Latest