The Student Room Group

CCEA English Literature A-Level

Scroll to see replies

Does anybody have predictions for John Donne??
Death;
- The Relic
- Death be not proud (Sonnet X)
- The Flea
Love that excludes the outside world;
- The Canonisation
- The Sun Rising
Judgement Day;
- At the round earth's imagined corners (Sonnet VII)

Hope that helps! Good luck :smile:
I cannot thank you enough are you doing ccea for lit?? and good luck to yourself too!!!
Original post by aoifedg
Death;
- The Relic
- The Flea
Love that excludes the outside world;
- The Canonisation
- The Sun Rising
Judgement Day;
- At the round earth's imagined corners (Sonnet VII)

Hope that helps! Good luck :smile:

'The Flea' is not really applicable to death. Judgement Day could also include 'Good Friday', I would argue it's better suited than 'Death Be Not Proud'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aasvogel
'The Flea' is not really applicable to death. Judgement Day could also include 'Good Friday', I would argue it's better suited than 'Death Be Not Proud'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What poems do you think are most applicable to death?
Original post by hughesisqueen15
What poems do you think are most applicable to death?

'The Relic' and 'Death Be Not Proud' are the two obvious picks.

You could make a case for 'at the round earth's imagined corners' but this would need to have explicit focus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aasvogel
'The Relic' and 'Death Be Not Proud' are the two obvious picks.

You could make a case for 'at the round earth's imagined corners' but this would need to have explicit focus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I appreciate it what are your predictions??
Original post by hughesisqueen15
Thanks I appreciate it what are your predictions??

I can't even hazard a guess. Haven't really thought much about it. There will inevitably be a love orientated one and a religion orientated one.

Something about sin/ religious anxiety.
Untraditional love?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 228
Hi does anyone have any predictions for the english Literature A2 2 on 27th May.

My theme is childhood and i study Huckleberry Finn/ The Bluest Eye and Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha
Predictions for this years exam? I study King Lear and Burial at Thebes
Catcher in the rye and l'estranger
John Donne
and Butcher boy
Original post by Dappteman
Predictions for this years exam? I study King Lear and Burial at Thebes
Catcher in the rye and l'estranger
John Donne
and Butcher boy

I study Catcher and L'estranger and butcher boy! For catcher and l'estranger, i've heard something about heroes or rebels!
Original post by Niamhd123
I study Catcher and L'estranger and butcher boy! For catcher and l'estranger, i've heard something about heroes or rebels!

Great thank you. i guess that wouldn't be so bad.
I really seem to be struggling with essays for Butcher Boy partly because i'm not sure how to structure the essay and because we really haven't been given any support in regards to that section of the exam
:frown:
I really seem to be struggling with essays for Butcher Boy partly because i'm not sure how to structure the essay and because we really haven't been given any support in regards to that section of the exam

I completely get you, I'm on the same boat with bb. The markschemes from previous exams are good with helping to structure the essays!
I completely get you, I'm on the same boat with bb. The markschemes from previous exams are good with helping to structure the essays!

I'll have to have look at them then thanks for the advice:smile:
How are you feeling for poetry this year?
I'll have to have look at them then thanks for the advice:smile:
How are you feeling for poetry this year?

Poetry is ok, just a lot to learn! I do Chaucer's the pardoner's tale, what do you do?
Poetry is ok, just a lot to learn! I do Chaucer's the pardoner's tale, what do you do?

I study John Donne, i'm fairly confident with the first exam. I find Lear and Burial fairly easy to write about
Reply 236
Hey all, I got an A* in my A Level paper and I studied The Pardoner, Burial at Thebes/King Lear, Jane Eyre/Wide Sargasso Sea and The Illusionist. On notesale I have loaded some notes specifically on how to answer the Pardoner and the Burial at Thebes/King Lear. To access them :
> go to website
> click find notes
> change the subject to Literature
> scroll to the bottom of the page and work your way up until you see the notes

They should be really helpful and contain all the quotes and context that you'll need for particular themes.
Message me if you have any questions!
Original post by rebtalb
Hey all, I got an A* in my A Level paper and I studied The Pardoner, Burial at Thebes/King Lear, Jane Eyre/Wide Sargasso Sea and The Illusionist. On notesale I have loaded some notes specifically on how to answer the Pardoner and the Burial at Thebes/King Lear. To access them :
> go to website
> click find notes
> change the subject to Literature
> scroll to the bottom of the page and work your way up until you see the notes

They should be really helpful and contain all the quotes and context that you'll need for particular themes.
Message me if you have any questions!

That's amazing thank you so much! What do you mean click find notes do you mean on tsr??
That's amazing thank you so much! What do you mean click find notes do you mean on tsr??

He means notesale mate
Reply 239

If you're stuck with how to answer the butcher boy, I have a handout from a few years back my teacher gave me that's really useful for breaking the essay down, if that helps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest