The Student Room Group

Possible to swap my firm and insurance?

So I received my university offers on UCAS around 2 months ago and a couple weeks after that I decided on my firm and insurance. I firmed Leeds for Mechanical Engineering and insured Loughborough for Automotive Materials. However, I feel as though I rushed that decision as I compared both courses and after visiting both universities for applicant days, I much prefer Loughborough as the university as a whole has a better feel along with a course which I feel is much more appealing and interesting. I was wondering whether it was possible to somehow switch my firm and insurance choices around?
All answers are welcome, thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by HaiderMal
So I received my university offers on UCAS around 2 months ago and a couple weeks after that I decided on my firm and insurance. I firmed Leeds for Mechanical Engineering and insured Loughborough for Automotive Materials. However, I feel as though I rushed that decision as I compared both courses and after visiting both universities for applicant days, I much prefer Loughborough as the university as a whole has a better feel along with a course which I feel is much more appealing and interesting. I was wondering whether it was possible to somehow switch my firm and insurance choices around?
All answers are welcome, thanks :smile:

Come on man!! :colonhash:

You should try to get in touch with the universities
Reply 2
Original post by Summit
Come on man!! :colonhash:

You should try to get in touch with the universities

Haha, yeah I'm wanting to. I just don't know how to go through with the process. Like do I contact UCAS or do I contact the universities
Contact the universities directly, I did it a couple of years ago and had no trouble!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by KMLeeson
Contact the universities directly, I did it a couple of years ago and had no trouble!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right, what did you say to the universities?
Original post by HaiderMal
Ah right, what did you say to the universities?

"Good afternoon,

I recently made an application to your institution and received an offer. I replied a few weeks ago putting York St John as my insurance but I now wish to change this and make it my firm, would this be at all possible?

Kind regards,"

That is exactly what I wrote to them and they replied saying that it was okay and that they had contacted UCAS. They also told me that I had to to contact UCAS to confirm this and I had to contact the other Uni as well as they had to tell UCAS it was okay as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending