The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi, i was wondering if someone could answer my question about student finance. It has asked for me to provide evidence of my result Nhs bursary application, but I do not have this yet, so do I select that I can provide this (and just send it when I receive it) or do I select that I cannot provide the evidence??🙈
Original post by BethanyC23
Hi, i was wondering if someone could answer my question about student finance. It has asked for me to provide evidence of my result Nhs bursary application, but I do not have this yet, so do I select that I can provide this (and just send it when I receive it) or do I select that I cannot provide the evidence??🙈

Hey - I had this as well - I can't remember what I put but I sent it off without the evidence and they have approved me for some student finance x
Original post by AmyH81
Hey - I had this as well - I can't remember what I put but I sent it off without the evidence and they have approved me for some student finance x

Oh okay, thank youuu☺️
I've made Huddersfield my firm choice and Sheffield Hallam my insurance. Anyone going to Huddersfield??? X
Reply 1744
Do you think universities tend to base their nursing offers on your performance in the interview, or do they take your whole application into account as well? I'm just wondering as I don't think I did too well in one of my recent interviews and am now panicking waiting for the result!! Is your personal statement just to get you through to the entry tests, and then success in the tests gets you through to interview...and then the offer is based just on the interview? I forgot to mention a lot of points in my interview so I hope they look back at my personal statement! Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear back from unis! x
I think it's more about the interview day and entry exam that are the most important . I didn't have enough ucas points but I had experience that's important to . In your interview just link any experience you have had to what nurses do and what you think you can bring to the role .

Any one going to Canterbury ??
is anyone going to Cumbria to do Child nursing? (Carlisle) :smile:
Has anyone heard from Dundee university re child nursing? STILL WAITING! 😓
Original post by jodiekarimx
is anyone going to Cumbria to do Child nursing? (Carlisle) :smile:

Meeee 😀. I have set up a fb group if you would like to be added? X
Original post by AmyH81
Meeee 😀. I have set up a fb group if you would like to be added? X

Yeah please! x
Original post by jodiekarimx
Yeah please! x

Can you pm me your full name so I can find you on fb and add you
Reply 1751
Original post by Shannonparish
I think it's more about the interview day and entry exam that are the most important . I didn't have enough ucas points but I had experience that's important to . In your interview just link any experience you have had to what nurses do and what you think you can bring to the role .

Thanks Shannon! I've just been offered the place, even though I came out of the interview kicking myself that I hadn't mentioned everything! I have one more interview to go, so I will definitely take on board what you say! I think relating everything back to nursing is the most important thing, and sometimes (under pressure) it is easy to forget to do this! I ended up mentioning my hobbies etc and I forgot to say how they gave me the skills to be a good nurse! Oops!
Original post by Shibby1611
Has anyone heard from Dundee university re child nursing? STILL WAITING! 😓

Ive just received an unconditional about an hour ago.
Original post by Ionasmummy
Ive just received an unconditional about an hour ago.

I got my conditional offer last night! So happy and relieved! Congratulations x
Congratulations to all who have received offwrs this week!

I'm other news the conservatives voted in parliament this week to push through plans to cut NHS bursaries for nursing and other healthcare students. This is a disaster!

Does anyone know if any protests planned? Who will apply to be a nurse when these vital bursaries are cut??!
I was wondering how student finances for nurses worked. Do i just apply for bursaries or do i apply somewhere else as well. And did you guys have to provide your universities an employers reference. City is asking for one and i was wondering if anyone else that accepted City were asked the same thing.
Original post by Shannonparish

Yes I've accepted a place there. Have you?
I am hopefully starting in January 2017 at University of Wolverhampton, however I will still try through clearing for a place in September 2016.
Original post by fazimi
I was wondering how student finances for nurses worked. Do i just apply for bursaries or do i apply somewhere else as well. And did you guys have to provide your universities an employers reference. City is asking for one and i was wondering if anyone else that accepted City were asked the same thing.

You apply to NHS bursaries for the bursary and to Student Finance England if you want a student loan.

I supplied a employers reference during my City application, I had to submit an academic and employer reference. But if you're not currently employed, I think you can give them a reference from someone in good public standing eg. a doctor, nurse, teacher ect. But if you're not sure, call admissions and they'll be able to advise you.
Original post by Iloveladygagaxo
You apply to NHS bursaries for the bursary and to Student Finance England if you want a student loan.

I supplied a employers reference during my City application, I had to submit an academic and employer reference. But if you're not currently employed, I think you can give them a reference from someone in good public standing eg. a doctor, nurse, teacher ect. But if you're not sure, call admissions and they'll be able to advise you.

So that is like maintenance loan right, not the actual tuition fees?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending