The Student Room Group

HELP :'( best way to revise for A2 maths?

Hey guys, I'm currently struggling a lot with maths. I'm finding it really difficult. could you guys tell me the best way to revise for maths especially since exams are getting closer and closer.

in my AS year I got a D, I just want a C for A2 :frown: someone please help me out. thank you
Original post by 06052008
Hey guys, I'm currently struggling a lot with maths. I'm finding it really difficult. could you guys tell me the best way to revise for maths especially since exams are getting closer and closer.

in my AS year I got a D, I just want a C for A2 :frown: someone please help me out. thank you

Which areas are you finding difficult? Is it that you're fine on every topic but the harder questions get you, or you are struggling with particular topics, or something else?

The key is to practice as much as you can until you understand how to do questions and can tackle unseen/difficult problems.
Past papers? Like specific questions on the topics you are struggling on?

ExamSolutions is life! Watch all his videos he give the background info and understanding of maths. Also I'm an a2 maths student too. What modules you doing?
Reply 4
It's just that when I do questions from the book I understand it but when I do exam papers, sometimes the questions are so difficult it just throws me off and I'm just panicking to the point where I just want to give up :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Ayaz789
Past papers? Like specific questions on the topics you are struggling on?

I try to do that, but the questions throw me off so much sometimes because they get so hard :frown:
Literally just do as many questions as you can, A2 maths is hard, but it is a case of practise makes perfect. Literally every one of my lessons at AS and A2 involved being taught a bit of theory on the whiteboard and then the majority of the lesson we did textbook questions, it really works
Reply 7
Okay thank you. I'll look through that. Just feel like I'm seriously running out of time which is scaring me and making me unproductive.

Original post by SeanFM
Which areas are you finding difficult? Is it that you're fine on every topic but the harder questions get you, or you are struggling with particular topics, or something else?

The key is to practice as much as you can until you understand how to do questions and can tackle unseen/difficult problems.

Original post by LightYagamiWins
ExamSolutions is life! Watch all his videos he give the background info and understanding of maths. Also I'm an a2 maths student too. What modules you doing?
I try to do that, but the questions throw me off so much sometimes because they get so hard :frown:

Well ask the questions to your teacher or the person i taggeed and he will help you?
Reply 9
Okay thank you. I'll continue to practice more questions.

Original post by AortaStudyMore
Literally just do as many questions as you can, A2 maths is hard, but it is a case of practise makes perfect. Literally every one of my lessons at AS and A2 involved being taught a bit of theory on the whiteboard and then the majority of the lesson we did textbook questions, it really works
Reply 10

Original post by Ayaz789
Well ask the questions to your teacher or the person i taggeed and he will help you?

Ask questions and somebody (me, if I'm around) will answer your questions and work through whatever issue you're having with you. :smile:
Also, stay calm in the exams, my C4 maths exam last year really got me panicking, so I just stopped for a minute towards the end of the exam, took a deep breath and had a go at the questions again, I ended up improvising half the exam and got 94%, so staying calm also really helps
Reply 12
Okay will do. Do you think there's still time for me to do well if I do maths everyday?
Original post by Ayaz789
Okay will do. Do you think there's still time for me to do well if I do maths everyday?

Yes just start from now!
Reply 14
Okay. Thank you so much
Original post by Ayaz789
Yes just start from now!

Yes. You can do well, but sitting on TSR worrying about it isn't making any difference to your grade. Think about it. One month or so you've got, that really could change your outcome in life, would you rather give it your best attempt now and succeed, or sit on here nervously watching the time tick down? Go get down to revision, and if any questions arise which you're stuck on, post in the Maths section and you'll get almost instantaneous replies.
Reply 16
Thank you!!
Original post by Zacken
Ask questions and somebody (me, if I'm around) will answer your questions and work through whatever issue you're having with you. :smile:
Reply 17
Okay thank you I'm starting now
Original post by iMacJack
Yes. You can do well, but sitting on TSR worrying about it isn't making any difference to your grade. Think about it. One month or so you've got, that really could change your outcome in life, would you rather give it your best attempt now and succeed, or sit on here nervously watching the time tick down? Go get down to revision, and if any questions arise which you're stuck on, post in the Maths section and you'll get almost instantaneous replies.

Quick Reply