The Student Room Group

Leaving uni 2 days after my last exam?

Hi guys,

In 2 weeks time I would have finished all of my exams. My final exam is on Friday 13th May. As my dad can only drive up to collect me on weekends, I was hoping to leave either on the Saturday 14th or Sunday 15th (preferably Sunday). However, some people may think that this just looks like I'm keen to get out of university and go back home (which I am to be fair). I do have some friends here but I don't go out with them as much as I'd like to due to my social anxiety. So I'm tempted to stay another week in case I actually do go out with them, so then at least I'd have a week to do stuff. But I would prefer to go on the 15th.So my question is, is it "acceptable" to leave 2 days after your last exam? Have other people done this in the past? I feel like my parents will question me as to why I chose to leave so early.
Yeah it's perfectly fine for you to go home whenever you're most comfortable.
Having social anxiety as well, it's always just been easier for me to tell my mates when my anxiety is particularly bad, and that way, my friends just don't ask questions.
Reply 2
Many people are stuck with having to fit into whatever dates their parents can come and pick up them and their stuff. Some people have to get back home to start holiday jobs. Just tell your parents that you're knackered after your exams and you'd prefer to be at home than out partying. Don't think it'd be a big deal for them.

In the end, it doesn't matter what your friends or parents think. You just need to do what makes you feel most comfortable.
Original post by Klopp_1996
Hi guys,

In 2 weeks time I would have finished all of my exams. My final exam is on Friday 13th May. As my dad can only drive up to collect me on weekends, I was hoping to leave either on the Saturday 14th or Sunday 15th (preferably Sunday). However, some people may think that this just looks like I'm keen to get out of university and go back home (which I am to be fair). I do have some friends here but I don't go out with them as much as I'd like to due to my social anxiety. So I'm tempted to stay another week in case I actually do go out with them, so then at least I'd have a week to do stuff. But I would prefer to go on the 15th.So my question is, is it "acceptable" to leave 2 days after your last exam? Have other people done this in the past? I feel like my parents will question me as to why I chose to leave so early.

At my uni most people went home as soon as their exams finished, you wouldn't have looked out of place at all.
I've never once been around to pick up my exam results in person: they've all been emailed to me because I've been off doing other stuff. Don't worry about it.
that's really normal, some people leave the minute their final exam is over, most people will probably be gone by the end of that weekend... the majority of people are forced to leave at a certain depending on when parents can come, running out of money, rent contracts, summer jobs etc

Quick Reply

Latest