The Student Room Group

No exam leave

My school has taken away our exam leave. After our exams we are expected to go to our remaining lessons and continue as if it was a normal day. I can see why they would do this, to make children who aren't motivated get better grades. However, the kids who are motivated will normally revise better at home independently, me included. I'm so annoyed that I don't get exam leave as I feel I would get way better grades. They should at least give us an option to take exam leave right?

Does anyone else feel like this and if so have they done anything to counter it like phoned the school? I was planning on getting my parents to phone in and say that I'm not coming in but not sure if the school would allow it (my parents agree that I should be off school).
im not in that situation as luckily my school does give exam leave,
but at my friend's school they have to come in like a normal school day and revise at school, which she was really unhappy about and her parents emailed the school and they allowed her to revise at home bc she's a good student, so i think it's worth a try if you get your parents to call
i have study leave but its a weekend before my first exam so pointless if you ask me! ive been bunking school. And i would say yes tell the school but if they say no and you bunk they may notice a correlation

however the reason the school have stopped study leave is because they think there are students that are more motivated at school, if thats not the case with you, then get your parents to raise that point, that you want to do well but also you work better at home because idk you get distraacted or something?
Original post by BillyCockell
My school has taken away our exam leave. After our exams we are expected to go to our remaining lessons and continue as if it was a normal day. I can see why they would do this, to make children who aren't motivated get better grades. However, the kids who are motivated will normally revise better at home independently, me included. I'm so annoyed that I don't get exam leave as I feel I would get way better grades. They should at least give us an option to take exam leave right?

Does anyone else feel like this and if so have they done anything to counter it like phoned the school? I was planning on getting my parents to phone in and say that I'm not coming in but not sure if the school would allow it (my parents agree that I should be off school).

Yeah I don't get exam leave either I feel like it's a piss take tbh, because I know I will work when i go home. Gonna be harder now with school on top of that. just guess i gotta be determined and stay strong.
if all fails get your parents to call the school and say that you're ill and need a week off or something.
Good to know I'm not alone.
We're not getting exam leave either which is pretty annoying because we're also being set homework (revision task based homework which doesn't allow us to revise how we want and is quite frankly a waste of my time). It's annoying because some students won't need to focus on certain subjects and should allow to leave school and focus on what they need to
My schools not giving exam leave either, which isn't any good for me because I can't revise well with people around me or when I'm in a class environment. However I can see why they're doing it, because those students who are not determined in school and won't bother revising at home would be better going to school where they are placed in an environment where learning is compulsory. It might be worth your parents speaking to the school about you staying home to revise, if you feel that it would be better for your own education, then i don't think the school should have a problem with it, if they know you're a hard working individual.
Original post by BillyCockell

It's the same with my school. I had study leave for my mocks but I don't have them for my real exams. I also find it better revising at home, it's hard to concentrate at school while there are other students around you and it's just a distraction. It's way more better to revise in a calm environment. I really want study leave too but the school just won't budge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We get 4 weeks leave because week were meant to have 2 weeks study leave but it coincided with our spring holiday (we don't have 2 weeks off at Easter).
But I know a lot of school don't have study leave or have had their study leave taken away or haven't decided yet whether they'll have study leave or not.

It's easier being in school because you don't have the distraction of your phone/computer - some of it might not be helpful, because everyone has different things they want to revise/the teachers think they know everything - but it still might be quite helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest