The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

2016-17 Sussex Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by johnd45
Yeah the hard work will pay off! Just imagine seeing on our ucas application that our places have been confirmed, ah the joy...

I know, can't wait for A-Levels to be done now tbh, what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by cbaker22
Thank you. Sorry I've only just seen this!

I have 3 C's @ A Level but I am 23 so it was more based on my experience and my interview. I work at a radio station producing and presenting shows weekly and have been doing some writing gigs already.

I think the interview really calls it at the end of the day. (Luckily for me)

No worries!

ah I see, I'm very glad that they value work experience a lot. And wow, that's a really cool job haha
Original post by emilia_claire
I know, can't wait for A-Levels to be done now tbh, what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah just 2 more months and we'll be freeeeeeeee
No worries, it's AAB
Original post by cbaker22
Thank you. Sorry I've only just seen this!

I have 3 C's @ A Level but I am 23 so it was more based on my experience and my interview. I work at a radio station producing and presenting shows weekly and have been doing some writing gigs already.

I think the interview really calls it at the end of the day. (Luckily for me)

And I hope the interview turns/turned out well for you
Original post by abbievictoria
All the information you need about when to accept/decline is on the UCAS website. There are different deadlines for different types of course and depending on when you receive replies from all your choices. You can delete some of your choices if they haven't replied yet and accept Sussex if that's what you want to do.

emilia_claire
If youhave received all of your university/college decisions by 31st Marchyou must reply to any offers by 4th May or they will bedeclined. Universities and colleges have to have made all offers by the 5thMay. Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot, you two! I made up my mind and accepted the offer, not waiting for the other university to decide any longer.
Hey guys, just discovered this thread. I've got a place for International Development that I've firmed

now deciding on accommodation, was thinking either Park Houses or Lewes Court (non - ensuite ones)

Anyone happen to be doing the same course or in the same housing??
Original post by johnd45
And I hope the interview turns/turned out well for you

It went wonderfully thanks, had it end of Feb, got my offer a couple days after which was also great! Good luck with yours and maybe see you in September! Haha :smile:
HI everyone i am a first year physics student. if you have any questions feel free to ask me
Original post by Dancatpro
HI everyone i am a first year physics student. if you have any questions feel free to ask me

Are you going to the Physics Ball in a couple of weeks?
Thanks! Hope to see you soon as well:smile:
Original post by Zionxi
Are you going to the Physics Ball in a couple of weeks?

Yes I am!

No idea who else in on my table (but I know they are all 1st years like me) and I am not "going" with anyone else per se.

So I take it you're going as well?
Original post by TomWeller
Hey guys, just discovered this thread. I've got a place for International Development that I've firmed

now deciding on accommodation, was thinking either Park Houses or Lewes Court (non - ensuite ones)

Anyone happen to be doing the same course or in the same housing??

I stayed in Lewes court for a week while I was at a Summer school, it seems alright.

Much better than Park Village (not Park Houses), Park Village is a shithole :biggrin:
Haha, yeah I am :smile:
Apparently it's going to be messy!
I'm on a table with some third/second years. I think we also have Darren and Peter Coles.
Badger jokes Inc :wink:
Reply 333
Just received an unconditional offer for Biochemistry :smile: :smile:
Reply 334
Got an unconditional for MA International Relations -- I'm an international student.
Reply 335
feel like i might lose my sussex offer :frown:
is sussex lenient with their offers? anyone know?
Original post by u97
feel like i might lose my sussex offer :frown:
is sussex lenient with their offers? anyone know?

Think it depends on the course but my friend doing computer science got an offer of AAB and was accepted with CDE...
Reply 337
Original post by rezanrose
Think it depends on the course but my friend doing computer science got an offer of AAB and was accepted with CDE...

WOW..I hope to GOD that happens with me. Im doing IR and they wanted 35 (IB) but took me with an 32. Now I feel I'm gonna drop my points so I don't know how I feel about this:frown:
PS. My exams start tomorrow ;p
Original post by u97
WOW..I hope to GOD that happens with me. Im doing IR and they wanted 35 (IB) but took me with an 32. Now I feel I'm gonna drop my points so I don't know how I feel about this:frown:
PS. My exams start tomorrow ;p

Good luck!!
Reply 339
Original post by rezanrose
Good luck!!

thankss xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending