The Student Room Group

Post your IQs :-)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
IQ tests don't actually attempt to measure intelligence though do they? I'm sure they simply attempt to measure logical skills as opposed to 'intelligence'.
What does being a member of Mensa actually entail, other than the obvious ice breaker at social functions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even though I though I do come across as intelligent sometimes, I have to agree:

THE TEST IS BROKEN.
Reply 24
Original post by Inexorably
IQ tests don't actually attempt to measure intelligence though do they? I'm sure they simply attempt to measure logical skills as opposed to 'intelligence'.

Definitely.
i got 146 on that test but i'm pretty sure i've done others and got lower
iq tests are just messy tbh
(edited 7 years ago)
Long time since I've done this test...

Not that even approved IQ tests are real measures of intelligence, nevermind bogus online ones :lol:
I refuse to believe the first answer isn't dog, it's clearly the shortest word, this test is flawed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamestg
This is just another ego-massaging thread, but it would be interesting to see TSR's spread of scores compared to the general population.

I got 133 which I'm pretty chuffed about, although it's probably not accurate as it was a 20 question online test...

http://www.free-iqtest.net

On that test I got 157, but it's hardly a reliable predictor of IQ. And IQ is hardly a decent measure of intelligence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
I refuse to believe the first answer isn't dog, it's clearly the shortest word, this test is flawed
Posted from TSR Mobile

oh lol i chose snake because it's the only non four-legged animal / mammal
Original post by ithinkitslily
oh lol i chose snake because it's the only non four-legged animal / mammal

It said the least though, I guess a snake does have the least amount of legs, but I'm calling ********

Posted from TSR Mobile
142 got the following wrong:
7 and 16 (good luck with wasting time on 16)

Spoiler

142 according to that test however that's highly unlikely :biggrin:
Original post by Vikingninja
142 got the following wrong:
7 and 16 (good luck with wasting time on 16)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
131- IQ's ain't nothin'.
it was 144.

But I think being around certain people has now made it drop to about 12... Im not passing my a levels anytime soon
Reply 37
Original post by Serine Soul
Long time since I've done this test...

Not that even approved IQ tests are real measures of intelligence, nevermind bogus online ones :lol:

I agree they should probably rename most of these to LQ
Original post by High Stakes
Professionally tested when I was younger I got 132. I don't know how different it would be today, but I also know to take IQ tests with a pinch of salt. No matter what, there is no substitute for hard work.

In fact one of the greatest physicists ever, Richard Feynman, was said to have an IQ of 125 - which compared to a lot of the large numbers found on these threads and from other people bragging is considered small. Still doesn't change the fact that he was brilliant, and that a lot of highly intelligent people out there, moreso than him, haven't come close to achieving what he did.

Why so many University Challenge champions fail to win in life
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1264094/Why-University-Challenge-champions-fail-win-life.html
I recently found out a rapper in a group I listen to has an IQ of 148. Not only did I feel particularly not-clever, I was dumb-founded for days, like ??

Quick Reply

Latest