The Student Room Group

Nottingham or Sheffield?

I'm looking to study architecture and have got offers from Nottingham and Sheffield. I only have like a few days to make my firm choice 😬.
I havnt had a chance to visit either unfortunately, and I know league tables aren't everything but apparently Nottingham is higher ranked overall but Sheffield is higher ranked for architecture. Not even sure if any of that matter tbh , I think they are both respectable unis? But does anyone have any opinions on which is better and which city is nicer???
Reply 1
Nottingham is a really creative city. If you're arty then there's a lot you can learn. From personal experience of when I visited Sheffield, the lecturers seemed a little bit uptight and unapproachable. I didn't like the atmosphere at all, hence why I selected a different university.
Reply 2
Original post by Vennec
Nottingham is a really creative city. If you're arty then there's a lot you can learn. From personal experience of when I visited Sheffield, the lecturers seemed a little bit uptight and unapproachable. I didn't like the atmosphere at all, hence why I selected a different university.

Where have you chosen?:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by KFJ191
Where have you chosen?:smile:

I've selected University of Derby, but I'm on a trip to Nottingham at the moment. :h: Would recommend it here over Shef'.
Reply 4
Original post by KFJ191
I'm looking to study architecture and have got offers from Nottingham and Sheffield. I only have like a few days to make my firm choice 😬.
I havnt had a chance to visit either unfortunately, and I know league tables aren't everything but apparently Nottingham is higher ranked overall but Sheffield is higher ranked for architecture. Not even sure if any of that matter tbh , I think they are both respectable unis? But does anyone have any opinions on which is better and which city is nicer???

May be a stupid question but i am presuming you are talking about the University of Sheffield and the University Nottingham if so had a friend visit Sheffield and send it was very artistic, supposedly they had drawings of bikes on the wall as they were exploring the 'Architecture'. May have been exaggerated but that is what i have to say about those two so if you artistic Sheffield should be a good fit, however i cannot comment on Nottingham as i haven't heard anything about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending