The Student Room Group

Anyone getting beyond tired of hearing about Kate and Gerry McCann

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dodgypirate
Can you explain the difference in reaction between April Jones' parents and Maddie's?

I could tell you an awful lot about society, but I don't care to, because you seem to be enjoying your ignorance.
Original post by The_Last_Melon
I can tell you an awful lot about society, but I don't care to, because you seem to be enjoying your ignorance.

Lol OK m8
I wasn't hearing or thinking about them at all until you made this thread, oh the irony...
I could tell you an awful lot about society, but I don't care to, because you seem to be enjoying your ignorance.

Preaches compassion, but is condescending to his peers.
Potent mix.
They were supposed to be on some chat show this week but pulled out, something about a dispute about a police chief's book about to be released.
Original post by Rock Fan
They were supposed to be on some chat show this week but pulled out, something about a dispute about a police chief's book about to be released.

You can read the book online I think. I've read summaries from it. It was the main Portuguese police chief of the investigation who wrote it and he says that Madeline fell before the sofa in the apartment and died, and the parents covered it up.
What kind of sick mind comes here to tell people they're "over" the kidnapping of an innocent child, who may still be alive but was probably raped and murdered, is beyond me.

you are quite right TLM.... this kind of nastiness belongs on 4ch:dolphin:n not here.
No one is saying they are over anything, more than anything I can't understand why they haven't charged the parents for the very least for neglect.
No one is saying they are over anything, more than anything I can't understand why they haven't charged the parents for the very least for neglect.

Presumably becayse they dont have the evidence. besides giving you a buzz, what would charging achieve that they havent suffered already?
Original post by 999tigger
Presumably becayse they dont have the evidence. besides giving you a buzz, what would charging achieve that they havent suffered already?

Evidence? They don't need evidence - we know the McCanns neglected their children.
How was it neglect? They went to sleep and so they went to have food in what was supposed to be a safe area for tourists?

They didnt abuse them or something smh, a legal trial has already been done clearing them of any charges so the law has more truth than an ignorant TSR user
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Evidence? They don't need evidence - we know the McCanns neglected their children.

Not familar with Portugese law. the authorities didnt prosecute them , but presumably you know better. You normally need evidence when you prosecute someone becayse people are innocent until proven guilty. Maybe it works differently with you?
What happened to them is too sad and they shouldn't give up looking for her.

Because it isn't neglect .

It would be fairly hard to get a conviction considering they were a short distance away.
(edited 7 years ago)

Absolutely and I cannot understand why they were allowed to keep the other children when they put them in harm's way through leaving them. I remember reading a very interesting article once about the Shannon Matthews case (before it was discovered that her mother had faked the whole thing) which effectively argued that the only reason that the McCanns were treated in such a way and the Matthews weren't is because of the McCanns' class and jobs.

I also remember seeing that they have pulled out of media appearances to promote the hunt for Madeleine because of the libel claims (if you believe the Sun - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7117995/Kate-and-Gerry-McCann-pull-out-of-Lorraine-Kelly-TV-interview-after-devastating-libel-case-defeat.html). Now, if true, that to me is suspicious because surely the overriding feeling as a parent would be to find your child and any such setbacks would only spur you on.

Someone who supports Brexit doesn't need evidence. No surprise there.
Absolutely. We're only expected to care about them still because they're white and rich. What happened to their daughter is awful and I really hope she has come to no harm for her own sake but honestly, I don't feel like as parents they deserve to get her back. The neglect was shameful and I can't stand how many people have tried to justify it, there is no excuse for what the risk they took
As much as I feel sympathy for them who the hell leaves their kids alone and goes out for a meal?

If it was a single mum they'd have been arrested for child neglect.
Heartless, shame on you.

How is that heartless? The police have limited resources. Their resources are getting more and more limited as they suffer more cuts. Giving more attention to one case means they have to give less attention to another.

Madeline McCann disappeared many, many years ago. Naturally, the longer ago someone disappeared the less the chances of finding them. They're focusing their limited resources on this, when they could be using those resources on a more recent case with a greater chance of success.

But of course we aren't allowed to criticise them. We have to shut up and let them keep wasting valuable time because we wouldn't want to be branded "heartless".

We already have the evidence, they left their children alone. That is evidence enough. No good parent in their right mind would do that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending