The Student Room Group

Are you Introverted or Extroverted?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
Indeed we do :biggrin: (Theres a new blog post up, dont know if youve seen it)
Ah right ok then,
Yeah me too! What type are you? Im an ISTP!

Yeah, I've seen it and it was great as always :smile:
I'm INFJ, and is seemingly the rarest of all :u:
I'd say I'm introverted usually but slightly extroverted when I'm with friends. Once I get to know people I'm quite extroverted around them.

For some reason, most people say to me that I'm such a quiet guy yet all my friends tell me that I talk way too much. So I get told off a lot by teachers for talking in class and they're always like "you're so quiet, why do you talk so much?"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Trapz99
I'd say I'm introverted usually but slightly extroverted when I'm with friends. Once I get to know people I'm quite extroverted and comfortable around them. Usually I become more extroverted over time with a new friend.

I don't think you know the differences between 'extraversion' and being 'sociable'. Intro/Extra is about where you source your energy from a) solitude or b) social activity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some of my mutual friends don't believe I'm introverted. I think this is because I've built up a safe space in some classes where I'm verrrry extroverted and outgoing. The ones who did eventually find out I'm actually socially crippled where those who witnessed 'the-time-where-we-went-to-another-school-on-a-weekly-basis-and-i-compared-us-to-gazelles-the-whole-bloody-time-while-hiding-behind-them-like-ze-coward-i-am'.
Original post by Pineapplefridge
Introverted

But alcohol makes me extroverted

^^This.
Original post by bluebookie
Some of my mutual friends don't believe I'm introverted. I think this is because I've built up a safe space in some classes where I'm verrrry extroverted and outgoing. The ones who did eventually find out I'm actually socially crippled where those who witnessed 'the-time-where-we-went-to-another-school-on-a-weekly-basis-and-i-compared-us-to-gazelles-the-whole-bloody-time-while-hiding-behind-them-like-ze-coward-i-am'.

Shyness =/= introversion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
I don't think you know the differences between 'extraversion' and being 'sociable'. Intro/Extra is about where you source your energy from a) solitude or b) social activity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh... then I'd say I'm probably more introverted.
Reply 27
does any of you feel like they are both?

I can never decide if i am an extrovert or introvert because there are sometimes when I like to keep to myself, i want piece, no one around.. and there are times when I'm the heart of the party..
Original post by Princepieman
Shyness =/= introversion

Posted from TSR Mobile

It takes a lot of energy from me being with too many people, so I guess I thought I was introverted. I'm not very informed on this (really, all I have is an mbti result of infp to go on, which may or may not be true)
Introverted. Introversion =/= quiet. It means gaining energy from one on one activities. An introvert is very capable of being an outgoing introvert.
They just need more breaks to "charge".
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 30
Introvert. The second choice doesn't really make any sense, as being an introvert or an extrovert does not mean you are a quiet or loud person respectively.

Original post by SmileyVibe
Introverted. Introversion =/= quiet. It means gaining energy from one on one activities.

Damn you beat me to it
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm an introvert who poses as an extrovert. I put myself into social situations a lot but they drain me so much mentally.
I like my 'alone time' and prefer being in small groups but I'm not afraid to go to a party and get myself known to everyone etc. what am I? I have traits of both i think
Both extro and intro at the right times
Reply 34
Introverted
OK most of us will be introverts because we're all on forums. :smile:
Original post by dylantombides
I like my 'alone time' and prefer being in small groups but I'm not afraid to go to a party and get myself known to everyone etc. what am I? I have traits of both i think

Ambivert.
Original post by Matrix123
Hehe thanks. Tbh I feel like I fit in a bit more on here than irl and I actually have people I consider as friends. :tongue:
It really is! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries!
Same here tbh! There are lots of really nice people on here and everyone makes you feel welcome so it's a lot easier to fit in I've found! :tongue:
Indeed! :h:
Original post by HighwayUnicorn
I'm an introvert who poses as an extrovert. I put myself into social situations a lot but they drain me so much mentally.

So just an introvert then?
Original post by Bubblewrap167
Yeah, I've seen it and it was great as always :smile:
I'm INFJ, and is seemingly the rarest of all :u:

Nice one! Thanks! :h:
Ah ok then, what are some traits for that one?

Quick Reply

Latest