The Student Room Group

Is it normal for people my age to be having sex?

So we are 16 and my friend told me today she is scared that she could be pregnant. She doesn't know who the dad is because she had sex with 2 guys in our class in the past couple of months. They are best friends and she also previously slept with another of their friends. She is not a slut at all and she is lovely. I'm just starting to realise that all my friends and all my class mates and the people who I grew up with are having sex with each other and its so weird! (We live in a posh area and go to a private school too)

Scroll to see replies

It's fine that they're having sex and it's fine that you're not. It's all fine.

Except for teenage pregnancy, that's a bit, erm, terrifying and life destroying.
Original post by Anonymous
So we are 16 and my friend told me today she is scared that she could be pregnant. She doesn't know who the dad is because she had sex with 2 guys in our class in the past couple of months. They are best friends and she also previously slept with another of their friends. She is not a slut at all and she is lovely. I'm just starting to realise that all my friends and all my class mates and the people who I grew up with are having sex with each other and its so weird! (We live in a posh area and go to a private school too)

Always the posh ones that go wild.
yeah, it is normal for people to be sexually active at that age, also normal not to be so don't let yourself feel that 'everyone's doing it' - they're definitely not

your friend needs to do some research on contraception, it's quite easy to get free long lasting contraception on the NHS if she is unable or unwilling to take proper precautions at the time (although that wouldn't prevent STIs)
Reply 4
Original post by Rhythmical

"Posh girls have good manner, but they go like the clappers 'cus they never got to hang out with the boys at school."

Work hard play hard, I guess.
Original post by MJ1012
"Posh girls have good manner, but they go like the clappers 'cus they never got to hang out with the boys at school."

Original post by balanced
Work hard play hard, I guess.

I totally forgot about this thread.

They'll probably regret starting so young by time they hit their 20s and many of them would have slept with more than the average person sleeps with in a lifetime.

I am from a working class background and went to state school. I now go to UCL and at first I was shocked how many of these posh, rich, privately educated kids are complete slags and junkies.

Good girls go bad
Original post by Serine Soul
Good girls go bad

And Muslim girls turn into sneaky rebels lol.
They'll probably regret starting so young by time they hit their 20s and many of them would have slept with more than the average person sleeps with in a lifetime.

I am from a working class background and went to state school. I now go to UCL and at first I was shocked how many of these posh, rich, privately educated kids are complete slags and junkies.

Damnn

Probably the 'I can do whatever I want' mentality.
Original post by MJ1012

[video="youtube;XD1mugKhSWM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD1mugKhSWM[/video]

Best quote of that song "Nothing like a bit of class wrapped up in a perfect arse."
And Muslim girls turn into sneaky rebels lol.

Loool I can almost relate.

Actually no, I will conduct myself in a elegant and graceful manner, with so much class that I'll put the 'posh' to shame (being from a working class background)
Loool I can almost relate.

Actually no, I will conduct myself in a elegant and graceful manner, with so much class that I'll put the 'posh' to shame (being from a working class background)

Just make sure you don't bump into any aunties trying to follow you for gossip. Worst aspect of being Asian is that aunties find a way to suss you. You could be in a stranded field and they know everything.
Reply 14
She doesn't know who the dad is because she had sex with 2 guys in our class in the past couple of months. They are best friends and she also previously slept with another of their friends.

She is not a slut at all

Just make sure you don't bump into any aunties trying to follow you for gossip. Worst aspect of being Asian is that aunties find a way to suss you. You could be in a stranded field and they know everything.

This is so true. Ffs my uncle and aunt live in the town of my firm uni. Then again, they're the most chilled parents I've ever met.
Yeah I'd say so... I lost my virginity when I was 15..
This is so true. Ffs my uncle and aunt live in the town of my firm uni. Then again, they're the most chilled parents I've ever met.

Are you planning to perhaps do stuff you couldn't before? I want to go away from my local uni because I want to experience something new. I don't think boys should get the privileges of being able to live at uni while girls have to apply somewhere local.
Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught :tongue: :getmecoat:

But yes, I know of a few people who have had to drop out of GCSE/A-levels as they fell pregnant, but I came from a sketchy area.
Are you planning to perhaps do stuff you couldn't before? I want to go away from my local uni because I want to experience something new. I don't think boys should get the privileges of being able to live at uni while girls have to apply somewhere local.

Yes :tongue:

The most simple of all is going out with friends (not necessarily drinking)
Then maybe trying to make some kind of love life

I agree. I got so much stick from my family for applying to unis far away from home. They've accepted it now thankfully. I just need to get the grades and gtfo :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending