The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ward likely to play on Sunday.
Sunday's such a quick turnaround - 12pm kick-off - that I'd really hate to see anybody who featured last night play. That's another reason why I'd have used Sturridge last night, and rested him completely this weekend.
Flanagan not in match day squads as Klopp wants him to build up his fitness.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-boss-klopp-explains-11264217?
Nice to see PL teams paying their respects for the verdicts this week with applause and YNWA.
Danny Ward to start today I've heard?
Original post by LFC_RV
Danny Ward to start today I've heard?

From what we expect, yes.

I'm glad - he had a very good debut against Bournemouth and was desperately unlucky not to get a clean sheet.

If he can repeat a performance like that tomorrow, I'll be very optimistic about his future as our 2nd keeper, still in the hope that we sell and replace Mignolet for the top spot.
Original post by Lúcio
From what we expect, yes.

I'm glad - he had a very good debut against Bournemouth and was desperately unlucky not to get a clean sheet.

If he can repeat a performance like that tomorrow, I'll be very optimistic about his future as our 2nd keeper, still in the hope that we sell and replace Mignolet for the top spot.

With that long contract and high wages, he's not going anywhere. Might be better for Ward to go on loan and get regular game time again to develop quicker.
Original post by Zerforax
With that long contract and high wages, he's not going anywhere. Might be better for Ward to go on loan and get regular game time again to develop quicker.

I said hope, not expectation :tongue:
Who knows? He hasn't been terrible in recent months (just the odd fatal error...) - maybe we could sell him if we're lucky.

Yeah, I think today is important for him to show that the Bournemouth game wasn't a fluke.
Original post by Lúcio
I said hope, not expectation :tongue:
Who knows? He hasn't been terrible in recent months (just the odd fatal error...) - maybe we could sell him if we're lucky.

Yeah, I think today is important for him to show that the Bournemouth game wasn't a fluke.

I think it's the dream for everyone :colondollar:

Wonder what the starting line-up will be like today..
Original post by Zerforax
I think it's the dream for everyone :colondollar:

Wonder what the starting line-up will be like today..

We'll probably change the majority of the back 5, maybe keeping one first teamer (Lovren or Moreno I reckon).

We'll probably play Stewart in midfield and Sturridge up front. After that it's hard to judge because we have so many injuries and will likely be rotating in the second half too.

P.S: Is Can back yet or is that next game?
Ward, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Smith, Stewart, Chirivella, Ibe, Ojo, Coutinho, Sturridge.

Subs: Mignolet, Benteke, Lallana, Lucas, Brannagan, Teixeira.

6 subs as Randall had a virus. Skrtel captain.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
We'll probably change the majority of the back 5, maybe keeping one first teamer (Lovren or Moreno I reckon).

We'll probably play Stewart in midfield and Sturridge up front. After that it's hard to judge because we have so many injuries and will likely be rotating in the second half too.

P.S: Is Can back yet or is that next game?

Can has ruptured ankle ligaments so will miss the rest of our season.
1-0 Swansea deserved.
1-0 Ayew
From a corner.

This is the worst I've seen us all season.
Absolutely shocking.
This is already reminding me of the Hull and West Brom games at the end of last season, playing like **** running the season down.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
This is already reminding me of the Hull and West Brom games at the end of last season, playing like **** running the season down.

Attackers aren't pressing, midfield getting embarrassingly overrun and it's leaving the defence ridiculously exposed. Nothing the back 5 can do here.

We have too many players on the pitch who want to run with the ball and they're losing possession too easily. Terrible.
2-0...
I'm done, watching the F1 instead.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
I'm done, watching the F1 instead.

I've already turned it off to do the same :tongue:
Our midfield terrible/non-existent so we're getting ripped apart.

Latest