The Student Room Group

Asking out a barmaid - what do?

I had got it in my head to ask out this barmaid at this little sports bar thing I go to every Friday night - using something subtle like a curt note that does the needful.

But of course, she now no longer works there. The bar has new management as of a couple of days go and all the old staff had lovely old falling out with the new owner and therefore, this barmaid no longer works at the bar.

Hurrah!

I've got her (well, her now ex-) colleague on Facebook though - half of me is tempted to say something to the colleague and the other half of me is all sirens blazing and telling me not to be such a desperate creep.

What would you folks do?
It will either be seen as really romantic, or extremely stalkery.
Reply 2
Asking people out by note or by proxy is a terrible idea to be honest. The tension while you wait for an answer and the embarrassment of involving someone else are bad aspects. And rejection, if this is the outcome, is worse. I also feel there is a cowardly aspect to asking out by note that girls will at least subconsciously dislike. I would try to get in touch again, maybe she will get another bar job or perhaps though facebook networking.
Reply 3
Original post by ripjonsnow
or extremely stalkery

My hesitation exactly :frown:
I would sneak up behind her, pull her skirt up, then shove my dick up her **** and say

"you're mine".
Reply 5
Ain't the barmaid on fb? Also do you know each other well? You can ask the colleague to get her contact details as you never said goodbye.
Original post by Anonymous
I had got it in my head to ask out this barmaid at this little sports bar thing I go to every Friday night - using something subtle like a curt note that does the needful.

But of course, she now no longer works there. The bar has new management as of a couple of days go and all the old staff had lovely old falling out with the new owner and therefore, this barmaid no longer works at the bar.

Hurrah!

I've got her (well, her now ex-) colleague on Facebook though - half of me is tempted to say something to the colleague and the other half of me is all sirens blazing and telling me not to be such a desperate creep.

What would you folks do?

Hey Man, personally i would strike a conversation up with her via facebook asking what happened at the old bar she worked at, after she tells you, reply with 'Oh xxx is ruining the place' ask her where shes working now, if its behind another bar, tell her you'll pop in to say hello and have a drink.

Then you'll have the comfortability of talking to each other

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending