The Student Room Group

Architecture course between Liverpool and Northumbria

Hi :smile:

I got an unconditional offer from Northumbria and a conditional offer from Liverpool. And I would like to say that I am an international student. I can't decide what to choose of these uni. I have to take pre-sessional course if I choose Liverpool. At Northumbria the course is on art side more than Liverpool, is it right? Also about uni's life and the city. It would be great if someone who knows about the course of these two uni tell me about your experience!

Help please and feel free to share your opinion and some experiences! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm heading to Northumbria, I got an unconditonal too. They've just changed their module content slightly, you've probably got an email about it? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Jessicalw23
I'm heading to Northumbria, I got an unconditonal too. They've just changed their module content slightly, you've probably got an email about it? :smile:

Hi Jessica :smile:
Yes, I did got an email. And I have read through the models both and it looks quite same so I would like to know how difference they are. :s-smilie:
Advice pleasee
Original post by Worawuth
Hi Jessica :smile:
Yes, I did got an email. And I have read through the models both and it looks quite same so I would like to know how difference they are. :s-smilie:
Advice pleasee

I don't think that there is any massive differences from what I remember, they're waiting to be re-accredited once the professional bodies have approved the changes guess :smile: however, now there is the optional study year too that they'd added in after second year, which is great :smile:

It's an administrative change across the entire university rather than a syllabus change to the programme.
Original post by SebastianMesser
It's an administrative change across the entire university rather than a syllabus change to the programme.

The programme does seem to have changed slightly however? :smile:
The programme does seem to have changed slightly however? :smile:

It's really boring, but basically the University have decided that all modules should be worth multiples of 20 credits (there are 120 credits per year). In order for the architecture and interior architecture courses to fit with this edict, communication and management have been combined in year two, so the management strand runs from second semester of second year into a year long module in third year rather than being a a year long module in first year and a first semester in third year (the additional third year element is formalising the "preparation for employment" which was always done at Easter but wasn't part of a module). There are a few other tweaks around technology in second year too, but in the main, the actual course content remains the same: 50% of the assessed work is design and the taught modules - as far as possible - are aligned to support and inform the current design projects.

For the avoidance of any doubt, this is an entirely internal University procedure and has no bearing on the ARB accreditation or RIBA validation of the programme.
Original post by SebastianMesser
It's really boring, but basically the University have decided that all modules should be worth multiples of 20 credits (there are 120 credits per year). In order for the architecture and interior architecture courses to fit with this edict, communication and management have been combined in year two, so the management strand runs from second semester of second year into a year long module in third year rather than being a a year long module in first year and a first semester in third year (the additional third year element is formalising the "preparation for employment" which was always done at Easter but wasn't part of a module). There are a few other tweaks around technology in second year too, but in the main, the actual course content remains the same: 50% of the assessed work is design and the taught modules - as far as possible - are aligned to support and inform the current design projects.

For the avoidance of any doubt, this is an entirely internal University procedure and has no bearing on the ARB accreditation or RIBA validation of the programme.

Oh interesting! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending