The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Uni, uni, uni, uni, uni, uni, uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bite me :sexface:

Spoiler

Original post by Mojo Banjo
Basically, as someone with an extremely powerful brain, I find it annoying.

And its invariably highly talkative short girls in their early twenties with MacBooks, holding a costa that come up to you and start nattering about "uni".

Its University, my friends.

Not "Cambridge Uni" SMH

MOJOBANJO has spoken.

I take it it's the fact that this is a shortened form of the word that annoys you, yet you've clearly contradicted yourself by using 'smh'. That doesn't look like a real word to me.. As someone with an 'extremely powerful brain' please use it and stop wasting your time caring about meaningless things that clearly you do too.

And its invariably highly talkative short girls in their early twenties with MacBooks, holding a costa that come up to you and start nattering about "uni".

Not "Cambridge Uni" SMH

MOJOBANJO has spoken.

Original post by Davalla
100% agree. This pisses me off royally. Never heard anyone else have the same view as me on this.
:yy:

Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Get a grip you two.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Would you prefer it if we said "varsity"? :holmes:

Original post by HamzahPatel
I'm looking forward to uni

WOW So I Guess All I Have To Do Is Comment On This Thread And Get Tons Of Reps? That's How It Works Right?
Original post by Squishy•
WOW So I Guess All I Have To Do Is Comment On This Thread And Get Tons Of Reps? That's How It Works Right?

No. I have no idea why people place so much of an emphasis on reps. They don't matter.
Original post by Squishy•

Someone is feeling salty...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by babyshawte
Someone is feeling salty...

Posted from TSR Mobile

She needs to get a grip as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
She needs to get a grip as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. Reps should never be taken seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heh monster brain got 46 reps, which just goes to show the rep system is a complete nonsense.
Original post by Vikingninja
And also make you look like even more of an idiot when you think banterbury is a real place.

I've had more reps for this comment than I have for anything else on this site. :s-smilie:
Original post by Tootles

A guy who mugged off OP for thinking banterbury was real.
Guess you've been talking rubbish all over the site because that's not many reps you got for that 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its cos we have class.

it's funny that you're hating on uni, and then abbreviate because and leave out the apostrophe in it's #hypocrite :rofl:
Its ok to abbreviate a phrase like shake my head because the original phrase is mainly used by teenagers and internet trolls.

But when I tell people I went to 'Cambridge University' I'm not going to shorten it to 'Cambridge Uni'.

tbh I've never heard anyone say Cambridge Uni....only ever Cambridge....
also, I don't see the difference between making an acronym like SMH and clipping university to uni...both shortened to three letter words for ease of speech and typing, what's the big deal?
Can you be more Pacific please?

Not "Cambridge Uni" SMH

MOJOBANJO has spoken.
[scrollr]OOHKNEE[/scrollr]
Original post by ForestShadow

Yes bruh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not "Cambridge Uni" SMH

MOJOBANJO has spoken.

dude come on this sounds a little big headed

Latest