The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language {CIE}

How many marks will I need to get an A* in the English Language exam?
For my speaking and listening, I got 28/30.
For my course work, I'm not sure what the final mark is but the marks were 38,32,36,9 and the grade given was A. So how many marks will I need to get A* in the upcoming exam? Thanks!
HII well the grade boundaries change every year so no one actually knows what the grade boundaries are for an a* but it normally averages around 50/60. Also please remember that your coursework is 25% which is not that much compared to the exam.
Reply 2
Grade boundaries have of course not been set, however they average at 105 ish. Your speaking will carry a UMS mark of 24/30 and CW will be rounded to 35/36 and then 9. So that's 68. If 105 is the boundary then you will need 36/37 in the exam to achieve A*, so aim for a score in the high 30s... Good luck!
Original post by GeorgiaaaP
HII well the grade boundaries change every year so no one actually knows what the grade boundaries are for an a* but it normally averages around 50/60. Also please remember that your coursework is 25% which is not that much compared to the exam.

Original post by ad4m
Grade boundaries have of course not been set, however they average at 105 ish. Your speaking will carry a UMS mark of 24/30 and CW will be rounded to 35/36 and then 9. So that's 68. If 105 is the boundary then you will need 36/37 in the exam to achieve A*, so aim for a score in the high 30s... Good luck!

Alright! Thanks to both of you!
Original post by ad4m

Hey i can see your'e kind of good at wrking out stuff... could u tell me what i need to get for my written exam?
so for the 3 coursework pieces I got;
37/40
37/40
39/40
and for the speaking and listening i got 30/30 full marks...
in class we do past paper and I always get around mid 30's like 33-35 out of 50

is this enough for an a or a*?
Reply 5
Original post by amanii_ox
Hey i can see your'e kind of good at wrking out stuff... could u tell me what i need to get for my written exam?
so for the 3 coursework pieces I got;
37/40
37/40
39/40
and for the speaking and listening i got 30/30 full marks...
in class we do past paper and I always get around mid 30's like 33-35 out of 50

is this enough for an a or a*?

Thank you! I presume that due to writing marks you achieved a high reading mark for your coursework? so lets say 47/50 for your coursework, 25/25 for speaking so 72.

So on paper:
A = 23
A* = 33

Please remember grade boundaries could change and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ad4m
Thank you! I presume that due to writing marks you achieved a high reading mark for your coursework? so lets say 47/50 for your coursework, 25/25 for speaking so 72.

So on paper:
A = 23
A* = 33

Please remember grade boundaries could change and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

HEY THANKS! also are u doing the examination? if so, good luck as well... and for my course work they were a lot lower but then I re did them and got higher for the writing so yes..
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest